Peavey PVx 15 2-Way Passive PA Speaker Cabinet
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Lightweight, great-sounding passive speakers.
The PVX15 is a 2-way sound reinforcement system based on a heavy-duty 15" woofer and a RX14 titanium diaphragm dynamic compression driver mounted on a 100 by 50 degree coverage Quadratic Throat Waveguide. It's sleek modern appearance, coupled with excellent performance, offer an outstanding package.
The lightweight yet rugged injection-molded plastic enclosure with molded-in stand mount cup facilitates portable use for live music or PA sound. The trapezoidal cabinet has three handles for ease of portability, and an extra 45-degree angled section on the right side to allow use as a floor monitor. Five sets of flying/mounting points, two on the top, two on the bottom, and one on the side, with a total of 16 cabinet inserts, provide for the ultimate in installation flexibility. A black powder coated perforated steel grille provides driver protection and a professional appearance.
The heavy-duty 15" woofer has a 2-3/8" voice coil diameter, and a 50oz. magnet for 200 watts continuous worth of chest-pounding bass. The RX14 compression driver tweeter is coupled to a Quadratic Throat constant directivity waveguide with smooth, even response, low distortion and good high frequency dispersion. This horn has an asymmetrical vertical polar response, aiming the main energy lobe down 10Â°, so it is aimed at the audience, instead of over their heads. This helps reduce ceiling reflections for greater clarity and gain before feedback.
The PVX15 speaker system is rated at 400W program power handling, and the full crossover network includes high voltage film capacitors, high current inductors, and high frequency driver protection for clear punchy sound, and excellent long-term reliability. A 4-pin twist-lock connector and a Â¼" phone jack input make hook-up a breeze.
The cabinet of the PVX15 speaker system has multiple mounting fly points, providing outstanding versatility in permanent install use.
A pair of M10 inserts is molded-in on the top, and a pair on the bottom, and a set of four M8 inserts is available on the top, on the bottom, and on the right side in the handle recess. This is a total of 16 mounting inserts in all. All of these inserts have retaining hardware on the inside of the plastic cabinet, so that the insert would have to pull out an entire chunk of the cabinet to come free, providing a more reliable and safe mode of mounting the cabinet.
- 2-way sound reinforcement enclosure
- 15" heavy-duty woofer with 2 3/8" voice coil & 50 oz. magnet
- RX 14 compression driver, with 1.4" titanium diaphragm
- 400W program/800W peak power handling
- Patented Quadratic Throat
- Waveguide technology, 100 by 50-degree coverage
- Asymmetrical horn aims the sound down 10Â°, at the audience, not over their heads
- Crossover network for driver protection and EQ
- High-frequency driver protection
- Durable plastic injection-molded trapezoidal enclosure
- Extra angled section on right side allows floor monitor use
- Full-coverage heavy-duty perforated steel grilles, with powder coat finish
- Pole mount molded-In
- Top, bottom and right side flying point inserts
- Enclosure materials and finish: Black ABS plastic with textured surface, black powder-coated perforated grille
- Mounting provisions: Unit has two sets of two M10 inserts, one pair on the top, and one pair on the bottom. Additional mounting points are a set of four M8 inserts on the top, and a set of four on the right side in the handle recess, and a set of four on the bottom, which use the Peavey VersaMount 70+ mounting bracket.
- Four rubber feet provide vibration free floor or stage use, and a molded-in stand mounting cup is on the bottom.
Order a pair today and rock the house next week.
PVx 15 2-Way Passive PA Speaker Cabinet Specifications:
- Frequency Range, 1 meter on-axis, swept-sine in half space environment: 45Hz to 21kHz
- Frequency Response, 1 meter on-axis, swept-sine in anechoic environment: 57Hz to 20kHz (Â±3 dB)
- Usable Low Frequency limit (-10dB point anechoic): 43Hz
- Power Handling: Power Rating (program): 400W
- Peak Power Capacity (peak): 800W
- Sound Pressure Level, 1 Watt, 1 meter in anechoic environment: 97dB SPL, (2.83V input)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: (1 meter): 120 dB SPL continuous.126 dB SPL peak
- Radiation Angle measured at -6dB point of polar response:
- Nominal: 100Â° horizontal X 50Â° vertical
- (Axis of the vertical main polar lobe is angled down 10Â°, resulting in the angular pattern with respect to straight ahead being +15, -35Â°)
- Transducer Complement: Heavy-duty 15" woofer with 2-3/8" voice coil & 50 oz. magnet
- RX14 1.4" titanium diaphragm
- dynamic compression driver
- Box Tuning Frequency: 53 Hz
- Crossover Frequency (internal passive): 2.6kHz
- Impedance (Z): Nominal: 8.0 Î©
- Minimum: 6.5 Î©
- Input Connections: One four-pin twist-lock connector paralleled with a 1/4" phone jack
- Dimensions: 28.25" x 18.90" x 18.71", 718 mm x 480 mm x 475 mm
- Rear: 26.25" x 10.25" x 18.71", 667 mm x 260 mm x 475 mm
- Weight: 47 lb. (21.4 kg)