- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Transformer-isolated DI box with stereo inputs and mono summing.
The Peavey PDI is a classic passive direct interface box. The PDI transformer provides the high input impedance, ground isolation and signal attenuation needed to connect a variety of instruments to a mixer mic input. The transformer used in the Peavey PDI DI box is the reason for its outstanding performance.
Unlike many of the inexpensive DI boxes on the market, the Peavey PDI maintains its flat frequency response and low distortion even when connected to a high impedance source, such as an electric guitar.
The slide switch ground lift switch is easy to operate but is not likely to be accidentally changed. The Peavey PDI can also be switched to stereo input mode for keyboards, electronic drums, and other electronic stereo sources.
Need to connect to a stage snake? When the stereo mode is selected, the PDI DI box sums the left and right input signals to create a balanced mono output, which is very useful for using iPod backing tracks, since it's protected from phantom power accidentally shorting the unbalanced outputs of your iPod or laptop. Plus, mono summing allows you to keep both sides of your stereo mix if you have to run through a single channel on a mixer.
Passive sound system direct interface for:
Instrument amplifier preamp outputs
- High-quality transformer with Faraday shield
- Instrument input and thru jacks
- Stereo inputs for electronic instruments and MP3 players
- Balanced mono mic level output
- Ground-lift switch
- Mono/stereo Input switch
- Rugged construction
A versatile DI you can use for instruments or stereo to mono summing — perfect for connecting an iPod or laptop to a stage snake.
PDI Passive Direct Interface Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.1 dB with 150 Ohm source; 2k-ohm XLR output load; 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5 dB with 5k ohm source; 2k-ohm XLR output Load
- THD + Noise: Less than .05% 20Hz to 20kHz with 0dBu input
- Input impedance: 288K ohm (measured with 2k ohm output load)
- Attenuation: 21dB with 2k-ohm output load
- Connections and controls:
- 1/4" Instrument/left input
- 1/4" Thru out/right input
- 3.5mm (1/8") Stereo input
- Balanced mic-level output
- Ground-lift switch
- Instrument-thru/stereo left-right input switch
- Dimensions: 1-5/8"H x 4"W x 4"D (41 x 104 x 104mm)
- Weight: 10 ounces (0.29kg)