Ortofon Scratch Twin Pack Turntable Cartridge
Cartridges & Styli
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Good sound in a rugged turntable cartridge.
The Ortofon Scratch was designed together with DJ's for scratch and back cueing. The rubber suspension is especially developed for scratch and back cueing. This turntable cartridge uses a spherical diamond and achieves a high output (7.0 mV).
Several Ortofon technologies make it possible to realize high sound quality and low record wear at the high tracking forces that are necessary in disco environments. DJ's all over the world claim very high demands to their DJ professional equipment, among which the cartridges plays their decisive part by realizing that scratching, back-cueing, and live artistic performance are a big part of the show. Reliability and robustness is vital, when these replacement cartridges night after night will have to withstand these demands in environments with extreme sound pressure and vibration.
Scratching and back-cueing impose heavy mechanical stress on the cantilever and its rubber bearing. Therefore, the Ortofon cartridges are equipped with cantilevers made from aluminum tube with increased wall thickness. Special attention has also been paid to the attachment of the bearing and the design of the bearing itself. This means that rough treatment will neither damage the Ortofon cartridge nor degrade its stability.
For easier cueing, the nose of all the Ortofon cartridges have an extra large cutout which makes the stylus freely visible from above, and further, the tip of the cantilever is fluorescent.
Order this pair today and rock both your turntables.
Scratch Twin Pack Turntable Cartridge Specifications:
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 7 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: 25 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency range: 20-20.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-15.000 Hz + 3 / - 2 dB
- FIM distortion at recommended tracking force, DIN 45.542: < 1%
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 6µm / mN
- Stylus type: Spherical
- Stylus tip radius: R 18µm
- Equivalent stylus tip mass: 0,6 mg
- Tracking force range: 3,0-5,0 g (30-50 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 4,0 g (40 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 750 Ohm
- Internal inductance: 450 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 200-600 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Neon red / Neon red
- Cartridge weight: 18,5 g
- Replacement stylus unit: Scratch