Ortofon DJ S Concorde Turntable Cartridge Twin Pack
Cartridges & Styli
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The Ortofon DJ S Concorde turntable cartridge is the blue working horse for scratch and back cueing, mounted with spherical diamond. It has an extraordinary rigidity because of a specially developed reinforced cantilever. The Concorde Turntable Cartridge achieves an output of 6.0 mV.
Several Ortofon technologies make it possible to get high sound quality and low record wear at the high tracking forces that are necessary in disco environments. DJs all over the world claim very high demands to their professional equipment, among which the cartridges play their decisive part by realizing that scratching, back-cueing, and live artistic performance are a big part of the show. Reliability and robustness is vital, when the turntable cartridges night after night will have to withstand these demands in environments with extreme sound pressure and vibration.
Scratching and back-cueing impose heavy mechanical stress on the cantilever and its rubber bearing. Therefore, the Ortofon cartridges are equipped with cantilevers made from aluminum tube with increased wall thickness. Special attention has also been paid to the attachment of the bearing and the design of the bearing itself. This means that rough treatment will neither damage these turntable cartridges nor degrade their stability.
For easier cueing, the nose of all the Ortofon cartridges have an extra large cutout which makes the stylus freely visible from above, and further, the tip of the cantilever is fluorescent.
Order this twin pack of replacement cartridges and rock both your turntables.
DJ S Concorde Turntable Cartridge Twin Pack Specifications:
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 6 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 2 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: 23 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency range: 20-20.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-18.000 Hz + 3 / - 2 dB
- FIM distortion at recommended tracking force, DIN 45.542: < 1%
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 9 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Spherical
- Stylus tip radius: R 18 µm
- Equivalent stylus tip mass: 0,6 mg
- Tracking force range: 2,0-4,0 g (20-40 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 3,0 g (30 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 750 Ohm
- Internal inductance: 450 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 200-600 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Blue/Blue
- Cartridge weight: 18,5 g
- Replacement stylus unit: DJ S