Novation Nocturn Intelligent Plug-In Controller with Automap Universal 2.0 SoftwareProduct #180265 Novation 180265 YPM Control Surfaces https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Lets you get the most out of all of your favorite plug-ins.
Novation's most affordable hardware controller to date, Nocturn is an intelligent plug-in controller that promises to unleash the full potential of all your favorite instruments and effects. Featuring the latest Automap Universal 2.0 software, exclusive to Novation controllers, Nocturn provides automatic, instant and intelligent control of all automatable plug-ins within every major sequencer, including Pro Tools.
Nocturn features eight touch-sensitive rotary encoders, each equipped with a bright eleven-LED ring (ideal for laptop DJs working in a dark club environment). These are accompanied by eight user-assignable illuminated buttons and a smooth, professional 45mm cross-fader. The finishing touch is Novation's unique 'speed dial'; a touch-sensitive rotary encoder that instantly takes control of whatever your mouse is focused on.
Featuring a revolutionary new 'heads-up transparent control GUI', Automap Universal 2.0 places a transparent control map across your computer screen, to be recalled or hidden at will. Little or no user setup is required and plug-in control can be exactly the way you want it, no matter what music software you use. Just boot up the plug-in and you'll see at a glance how the parameters are automatically assigned to each of Nocturn's controls. An instant click and control 'learn' function is also available for quick re-assigning of controls, or for creating your own controller map in seconds. Multiple page options mean that you can assign a potentially infinite number of parameters for each plug-in.
Automap Universal 2.0 also categorizes all your control maps. A simple browsing facility lets you review all open plug-ins, then quickly switch to controlling one of them. Automap Universal 2.0 also supports standard MIDI protocol, providing the same transparent display for quick and simple assigning of MIDI parameters. This ensures Nocturn can also turn its hand to controlling a hardware MIDI device, any non-automatable plug-ins, or your sequencer mixer. Once a 'MIDI map' is created, it can be saved and recalled via the same map browsing facility. A growing number of maps will be available to download from www.novationmusic.com
Nocturn's spacious and tactile control layout, side-mounted USB socket and ultra-low profile allow it to sit neatly in front of your QWERTY keyboard or on a larger keyboard such as the SL61. Large, rugged rubber grips hold it steady while you let rip with your favorite music software.
Combined, Automap Universal 2.0's heads up transparent control GUI and Nocturn's touch sensitive dials remove the hassle inherent in controlling multiple instruments and effects, allowing you to flow intuitively from one plug-in to the next, leaving you free to focus on what matters most — your music.
• Exclusive Automap Universal 2.0 technology — Novation's instant and intelligent control technology leaves you free to focus on what matters most — your music.
• Heads-up transparent control GUI — Automap Universal 2.0 provides a transparent control map across your computer screen, so you can see at a glance how every parameter is assigned.
• Novation's unique 'Speed Dial' — An instant access touch-sensitive control for composers and performers alike, allowing you to take control of whatever your mouse is focused on.
• Touch-sensitive control — Nocturn also features eight touch-sensitive rotary encoders with bright, eleven-LED rings. Simply touch an encoder to assign to any parameter.
• The Laptop DJ solution — Alongside the brightly lit encoders, Nocturn also features illuminated buttons and a smooth, professional 45mm cross-fader, making it ideal for laptop DJs working in a dark club environment.
• Instant 'learn' function — Simply click on the software parameter and touch a Nocturn control to assign it. Now you can reassign every control in seconds.
- Exclusive Automap Universal 2.0 technology
- Heads-up transparent control GUI
- Novation's unique 'Speed Dial'
- touch-sensitive controls
- Designed For Ease-of-Use In A Club Environment
Nocturn Intelligent Plug-In Controller with Automap Universal 2.0 Software Specifications:
- Assignable Rotary Encoders: 8 - Infinite Rotation, touch-sensitive, LED surrounds
- Speed Dial (Encoder): 1 - Infinite Rotation, touch-sensitive, LED-surround, press and rotate for second function
- Assignable Buttons: 8
- Assignable Crossfader: 1 x 45mm
- System Buttons: 'Learn', 'View', 'Page+' and 'Page-'
- Group Buttons: User, FX, Inst, Mixer
- Interfacing Data Ports: 1 x USB MIDI
- Dimensions and Weight:
- Dimensions (H x W x D: 5.39" x 9.41" x 0.7"-1.1", (137mm x 239mm x 18-28mm)
- Weight: 1.1 lb. (0.5 kg)
- Minimum Operational Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.4.0 or greater (Leopard also supported) or Windows XP with
- Service Pack 2 or greater (Vista 32/64 also supported)
- Minimum Computer spec: Mac - G4/1GHz, both with 256MB RAM or PC -
- Pentium 3/1GHz/256MB RAM (machines running Vista will require a higher spec)
- Interfacing: USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 compatible