A 2005 TEC Award Nominee.
The HV-3C Stereo Microphone Preamplifier is an entirely double-balanced, extremely wide dynamic range stereo microphone preamplifier intended for demanding audio recording. In it Millenia combines precisely matched, discrete bipolar transistors with a laser trimmed DC coupled FET-based output driver stage. Unlike standard mic preamplifiers, the HV-3C never unbalances or rebalances the original signal, thus maintaining the highest degree of signal integrity.
Unlike preamps using vacuum tubes, IC function modules, and audio transformers (all of which can lend their own audio coloration) the Millennia HV-3C is precisely optimized to capture the subtlest detail of the music and ambience. With +23 dBu native input headroom, it requires no input pads, attenuators, or switch points as found on common textbook preamp designs - thus avoiding yet another source of sonic degradation. Moreover, with its +32 dBu output headroom, ultra-high dynamic stability and linearity are assured
- High-speed transformerless design
- 23dB input and 32dB output headroom
- No attenuation pads required
- Entirely balanced audio path
- Laser trimmed FET-based output
- THD+N less than 5 PPM (.0005%)
- Matched discrete transistor octet front end
- Precision components throughout
- Gold audio connectors and switches
- Standard 36-step gain control (1.5dB per step)
- Stereo gain matched to .08dB
- OFC audio wiring, silver Teflon power wiring
- Ultra-clean torroid power supply
- Welded 16-gauge chassis
- Unsurpassed ambience retrieval
If you want the best, order the HV-3C today.