Marantz PMD661 Portable SD RecorderProduct #580184 Marantz 580184 YBFC Handheld Video Recorders https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Make sophisticated PCM/MP3 recordings using one hand!
A robust and versatile professional handheld PCM / MP3 recorder, the PMD661 recorder from Marantz offers a streamlined form factor, a superior feature set, and the use of SD flash media. Major design innovations include a smaller footprint and an improved top facia layout with fewer buttons and more highly developed use of multi-functional operation. Measuring a mere 6.5" x 3.7" x 1.4" (165 x 93 x 36 mm), the PMD661's small footprint, combined with the improved control layout, ensures comprehensive single-handed operation.
The Marantz PMD661 features switchable balanced mic/line XLR inputs and a S/PDIF digital input, as well as unbalanced line-outs on RCA connectors and a secondary unbalanced line-in on 3.5 mm mini jack connector. Also included for the first time at this price point within the Marantz range is a high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz recording option (PCM).
The PMD661 portable recorder incorporates SD flash media, the most widely available and fastest developing flash memory format. Compatibility with SDHC media means that cards currently up to 32 GB in size can be used. High capacity media storage is matched by up to five-plus hours recording time from four AA Alkaline or NiMH batteries (not included). Drag and drop file transfer is supported via the USB 2.0 port. In a company first, Marantz Professional has bundled its Mark Editor software with the unit, free of charge. PMD Mark Editor allows the marker points made on the recorded file to be adjusted post-recording, creating a new file, so that basic audio editing can be carried out on a PC or MAC if desired.
- MP3/WAV (BWF) recording, with files saved directly to SD/SDHC memory cards
- 44.1/48/96kHz sample rate selections, in 16 or 24-bit quantization
- Switchable balanced XLR Mic/Line inputs with +48V phantom power
- S/PDIF Digital Input
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones
- Large, easy-view OLED (Organic LED) display
- Large, easy-to-use multi-function interface with improved navigation
- Angled LED and on-screen record level meters for easy visibility
- 1/4" headphone jack with independent level control
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Solid, field-worthy handheld design
- Battery-powered operation via 4 AA Alkaline, providing over 5 hours of typical operation (unit also accepts off-the-shelf rechargeable NiMH batteries. Batteries not included)
- USB 2.0 data port for fast transfer of files to PC/Mac
- Transcription playback functions, including pitch control and user-definable skip back
- Advanced editing features, including Timer Record/Playback, Copy segment, & File divide
Get quality digital recordings anytime, anywhere. Order yours today!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Mic Pres Clear
- Input Selection
- Poor Sound Quality
- Return For Refund
Comments about Marantz PMD661 Portable SD Recorder:
Bought, tested and returned immediately. I could simply not believe how much hiss was being recorded with the internal microphones. This makes the unit completely unusable.
This was so incredibly poor, I did a full recording session comparing this unit to a Sony PCM D50, a Zoom H4 and an iPhone 4. Listen to the results here:
Or google this: hybridsoundworks Portable Recorder Mic Tests: Zoom H4, Marantz PMD 661,Sony PCM D-50, iPhone 4