Manley ELOP LimiterSku #620914000000000 Manley 620914 YFC Compressors & Limiters https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Set it and forget it! – a limiter that makes your job easy.
Set it and forget it! The Manley Optical ELOP Limiter makes your job easy. The principle of operation is based around using a rectified sample of the audio to shine an LED (Light Emitting Diode) onto an LDR (Light Dependent Resistor). The photo-resistor in combination with a fixed resistor simply act as a changing voltage divider to attenuate the signal &mdash like a smart volume control. A similar principle was found in the older Teletronix & Urei LA-2A, LA-3, and LA-4 units, which used a slower electro-luminescent panel-light on a conventional LDR encased in a light-tight enclosure. The Manley ELOP Limiter uses modern VACTROL technology (but with a trick!) for exact sample-to-sample tracking and no high frequency loss while digging deep into limiting &mdash problems commonly associated with older LA-series limiters and other opto-based units.
The audio signal passes only through Manley's super-clean single-ended vacuum tube line amplifier. Due to its inherently quick attack, this Electro-Optical Limiter is a skilled soldier for tracking vocals or individual instruments, although now with the addition of a very useful sidechain high-pass filter that can switch between 100Hz or 200Hz (or OUT) to allow the limiter to ignore heavy bass lines, the Manley ELOP limiter is proving more useful for modern urban music where you don't want the limiter only responding to the loudest "thing" i.e., the BIG bass. If you want the bass line to leave the rest of the mix alone, then this switch is for you!
- All-tube audio path 12au7wa + 6414 per ch.
- Unbalanced ¼" inputs and outputs and…
- Balanced transformer coupled XLR inputs and outputs
- Hi-current drive Silent conductive plastic input attenuators
- Max. Gain reduction 22db
- Attack time: 10ms for 6db GR
- Release: 2.5 seconds for 6db GR
- Maximum input (bypass through line amplifier) +30 dbv (with limit "in" the maximum is entirely variable)
- Maximum output +30 dbv
- Headroom (referenced to +4 dbv) 26 db
- Frequency response: 10 hz to 70 khz ± 0.5 db
- Bypass switches and automute w/warmup delay
- Large illuminated sifam vu meters
- (older units before serial number melopb716 shipped before 6/2003 use: 26v 1.2w festoon lamps; manley's part number: var016b)
- Order spare bulbs using our parts order form.
- (newest units after serial number melopb716
- Shipped after 6/2003 use yellow led lighting)
- Meters switch to read output or reduction
- Stereo link
- Side-chain high-pass filter 100hz or 200hz
- Thd & noise (1khz @ +4 dbm): .015%
- Noise floor (gain set to minimum): -80 db wideband
- Signal to noise ratio: 126 db typical
- Maximum gain: 15 db
- Power consumption: 40 watts
- Operating mains voltage: units are purpose built for original destination country's mains voltage: 100v, 120v, or 220-240vac as indicated on the serial number badge. Power transformer must be replaced in order to change mains operating voltage.
- 120vac units may not be rewired to put the primaries of the power transformer in series for 220-240v operation or a large radiated field of hum will develop. If changing locations/voltages, the power transformer must be replaced with the dedicated one for the voltage at which it will operate.
- Mains voltage frequency: 50 ˜ 60hz
- Dimensions: 19"w x 3-1/2"h x 10"d (occupies 2u)
- Shipping weight: 16 lb.
Get an indispensable tool for creating modern music!