Clean, quiet, versatile mixing.
Now featuring Mackie’s flagship Onyx mic preamps, the comprehensive Mackie 1402VLZ delivers the proven feature set, high-headroom/low-noise design and “Built-Like-A-Tank” construction that created an industry more than 25 years ago. From every input to every output, VLZ4 is optimized to deliver professional-quality results each and every time.
Each generation of VLZ mixers benefits from a reinvestment in performance, all without raising prices. By continuing to ignore the “race to the bottom,” VLZ4 benefits from generations of performance improvements like transparent EQ, class-leading negative summing bus architecture and custom-designed op-amps to ensure signal integrity from every input to every output. The result is a mixer that is at the peak of performance and is the obvious go-to compact analog mixer for engineers who demand professional results.
The performance of Mackie’s Onyx mic preamps is more than proven. Just check all the amazing reviews and customer testimonials. Their boutique quality sound and unmatched performance rival any high-priced, boutique preamp on the market. Adding these flagship preamps to our VLZ4 Series compact mixers underlines our commitment to continually improving the performance of the VLZ line with each generation.
The VLZ4 design goal was simple: every VLZ4 mixer must have the highest headroom and lowest noise possible. Strict attention to component quality and tolerances has led to innovations like our custom M80 op-amps and class-leading negative summing bus architecture that add yet another level of assurance that a Mackie VLZ4 mixer is the right choice for your professional audio application.
Mackie VLZ mixers are truly “Built-Like-A-Tank.” From beer spills to drops from moving vehicles, the testimonials are as endless as the applications Mackie mixers serve. The VLZ4 series is certainly no exception. With a nearly indestructible steel wrap-around chassis and features like grime-resistant rotary sealed pots, you can be sure that buying a Mackie VLZ4 mixer is a solid investment.
VLZ4’s new black powder coat finish, cockpit-inspired controls and high-contrast knobs not only optimize your mixer’s usability in low-light scenarios, it also means your mixer looks as good as it performs.
- Boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps
- High-headroom, low-noise
- Rugged steel chassis
- Phantom power for condenser mics
- High-resolution 8-segment stereo meters
- Sealed rotary controls resist dust and grime
Order today and get the clarity, punch, presence and versatility that your music deserves.
VLZ4 Series 402VLZ4 4-Channel Ultra Compact Mixer Specifications:
- Main Mix Noise
- (20 Hz–20 kHz bandwidth, channels 1-3 gain @ unity, channel EQs flat, all channels assigned to main mix, channel 1 panned left, 2 panned right, 3-8 centered.)
- Main mix knob down, channel level knobs down: XLR: –95 dBu TRS: –101 dBu
- Main mix knob @ unity, channel level knobs down: XLR –90 dBu, TRS –96 dBu
- Main mix knob @ unity, channel level knobs @ unity: XLR dBu–84, TRS dBu –90
- (1 kHz @ 30 dB gain, 20 Hz–20 kHz bandwidth) Mic pre @ insert: <0.001%
- High Shelving
- Low Shelving
- (1 kHz relative to 0 dBu, 20 Hz–20 kHz bandwidth, line in, 1/4" main out, gain @ unity)
- Main mix knob down: –75 dBu
- Channel Alt / Mute switch engaged: –100 dBu
- Channel level knob down: –100 dBu
- Frequency Response
- Mic input to main output (gain @ unity)
- +0, –1 dB, 20 Hz to 50 kHz +0, –3 dB, <10 Hz to >100 kHz
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN)
- (Mic input to insert send out, max gain)
- 150 termination: –128.5 dBu, 20 Hz–20 kHz
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR)
- 1 kHz: better than –70 dB
- Maximum Levels
- Mic in: +21 dBu
- Tape in: +24 dBu
- All other inputs: +22 dBu
- All outputs: +22 dBu
- Mic in: 2.55
- Channel insert return: 5K
- All other inputs: 17K or greater
- Tape out: 1.0K
- Phones out: 60
- All other outputs: 120
- Physical Properties
- Height: 7.3"
- Depth: 1.6"
- Width: 5.8"
- Weight (with power supply): 3.0lb
- Weight (without power supply): 2.5lb