Mackie Thump TH-15A Active SpeakerSku #485392000000000 Mackie 485392 YAAB Powered PA Speakers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Mackie TH Series Loudspeaker $30/$50 Rebate
GET UP TO $50 BACK WHEN YOU BUY MACKIE TH SERIES POWERED LOUDSPEAKERS!
- - Offer Expires 05/31/13
- Download rebate
Powerful full-range sound in an extremely portable package.
The lightweight Mackie Thump TH-15A Active Speaker delivers deep low-end and real power in an extremely portable package. Designed by the same team that produced the best-selling Mackie SRM450v2, the active TH-15A offers Class D Fast Recovery amplification that pushes 400W of power to the high-frequency compression driver and the bass-pounding 15" woofer.
The Thump TH15A also has Mackie active processing, including a precision crossover, and driver time-alignment, which provides total optimization for maximum system efficiency. Versatile by design, the Mackie TH-15A is equipped with a user-adjustable 3-band EQ for tone control. Since it can be pole-mounted or used as a wedge, the Mackie Thump TH-15A represents the best value available for a complete stage speaker setup.
More than Just a Powered Speaker Cabinet
The TH-15A has 2 built-in power amps—300W for the 15" woofer and 100W for the high-frequency compression driver. Mackie's Class D Fast Recovery low-frequency amp drives the woofer more efficiently with less heat byproduct than other speakers. Also Mackie Active technology (based on the popular SRMv2 Series) divides the frequencies via a precision 2-way crossover and also time aligns the signals so low-frequency and high-frequency signals arrive in sync to every member of your audience. Active compression provides a first line of defense for the drivers and thermal circuitry protects the amplifiers and power supply should things get too hot. All the onboard electronic systems work together dynamically to produce superior quality sound previously unavailable in this price range.
Portability Meets Versatility
Not only is the Mackie TH-15A a superb PA enclosure, it also makes a superior monitor wedge—just lay the cabinet on its side and turn it up. The compact, lightweight design means zero strain, whether mounting it on a high pole or loading up the van. The TH-15A speaker's wide frequency response makes it ideal as a keyboard, vocal, or even bass guitar monitor. The Thump has incredibly smooth response and dispersion over a wide range of frequencies, so you can crank it without the fear of earsplitting feedback.
Exceptional Sonic Performance
TH-15A powered loudspeakers put out a tremendous amount of sound for their size and price tag. The two-way ported design generates ample quantities of chest-pounding bass, and its 1" compression driver ensures smooth, wide dispersion. Mackie inserted a 3-band equalizer at the input to give you all the tonal control you could ever want, with an available 15dB boost or cut at 80Hz (low shelf), 100Hz to 8kHz (sweepable mids) and 12kHz (high shelf). With the Mackie TH-15A speaker's extremely versatile EQ, you can add some extra thump to that kick drum, bring out the sizzle in your hi-hats, add pop to vocals, or correct acoustic anomalies in the room.
Protecting Your Investment
Mackie added some extra circuitry to keep the Thump TH-15A speaker's performing at its best, even when pushed really hard for long periods of time. Each driver has its own transparent compression circuit, which helps protect them from damaging transient peaks. An over-excursion filter, inserted just before the low-frequency amplifier, protects the woofer from bottoming-out when the low end is driven to the maximum. This means you can hit them hard without fear of thermal damage. Things can get pretty hot in the real world, so if the electronics do overheat, separate thermal switches activate and shut down the high- and/or low- frequency amplifiers until they cool down. These extra protections ensure long life and great-sounding loudspeakers you can always count on.
- 400W of ultra-efficient Fast Recovery amplification: LF 300W peak power (Class-D), HF 100W peak power (Class A/B)
- High-output transducers: 15" high-precision woofer, 1" compression driver
- Mackie Active electronics provide total system optimization: Precision 2-way crossover, Transducer time-alignment
- User-adjustable 3-band contour EQ with sweepable mid-frequency
- Mic/Line input for direct connection of single microphone
- Tough, impact-resistant polypropylene enclosure
- Pole-mountable via the built-in socket on the bottom of the cabinet and floor wedgeable
High-performance audio without the high price tag. Order today!
Thump TH-15A Active Speaker Specifications:
- Acoustic Performance
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 40Hz-20kHz
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 50Hz-18.5kHz
- Horizontal Coverage Angle: 90°
- Vertical Coverage Angle: 60°
- Maximum SPL Long-Term: 113dB SPL @ 1m
- Maximum SPL Peak: 116dB SPL @ 1m
- Input Type: Female XLR Balanced/Unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 20kOhms balanced bridging; 10kOms unbalanced
- Loop-through: Male XLR Balanced/Unbalanced (parallel with input)
- Level Control: Rotating knob, 0dB at center
- Sensitivity: +4dBu for full output (Level Control @ Center), -36dBu for full output (Level Control @ Max)
- Low Frequency: 15"/381mm with steel frame, paper cone woofer
- High Frequency: Horn-loaded 1"/25mm exit compression driver
- Power Amplifiers
- Low Frequency Power Amplifier
- Rated Power: 150 watts, 8 ohm load, 300 watts peak
- THD: <0.1%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- > -94 dB, 20Hz to 20kHz, unweighted, referenced to 138 watts into 8 ohms
- Design: BTL Class D
- High Frequency Power Amplifier
- Rated Power: 50 watts, 4 ohm load, 100 watts peak
- THD: <0.1 %
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- > -97 dB, 20Hz to 20kHz, unweighted, referenced to 50 watts into 4 ohms
- Design: Class AB
- Electronic Crossover
- Crossover Type: 24dB/octave
- Crossover Frequency: 3kHz
- Low Frequency EQ: ±15 dB @ 80Hz, shelving
- Mid Frequency EQ: ±15dB, bandpass, sweepable from 100Hz to 8kHz
- High Frequency EQ: ±15dB @ 12kHz, shelving
- Direct/EQ Switch: Bypasses EQ section
- Protection Features
- Over-excursion Protection: Second-order sub-sonic filter
- Thermal Protection: Independent amplifier shutdown, auto reset
- Driver Protection: Independent HF and LF compressors
- AC Power Requirements
- US: 120 VAC, 60Hz
- Europe: 240 VAC, 50Hz
- Korea: 220 VAC, 60Hz
- Japan: 100 VAC, 50/60Hz
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC 250 VAC, 20 A male
- Fuse: 115 VAC: T 6.3 AL/250V, 230 VAC: T 3.15 AL/250V
- Power Consumption: 320 watts with music, loud mix, 20 watts quiescent (idle)
- Construction Features
- Basic Design: Asymmetrical Trapezoidal
- Material: Polypropylene
- Finish: Textured
- Handles: One on each side, one on top
- Grille: Perforated metal with weather-resistant coating
- Display LEDs
- Front: Power ON
- Rear: Power ON, OL (overload)
- Height: 27.1"/689mm
- Width: 16.8"/427mm
- Depth: 15.8"/401mm
- Weight: 36 lb./16.3 kg
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Mackie Thump TH-15A Active Speaker:
I got these a couple of months ago, and it being a Mackie product, my expectations were high. After plugging them in I found the sound to be just as the name says...it thumps. Boosting the lows on the built in eq the speaker really comes to life. Now in comparison to the SRM450, it doesn't have the clarity, but at almost half the price you can't go wrong. The housing is all plastic which makes durabiliy a concern but I've never had a problem with any Mackie products I have used. In this price range the Mackie Thump is a no brainer.