Mackie Thump Series TH-12A 12" 2-Way Powered LoudspeakerProduct #H71339 Mackie H71339 YAAB Powered PA Speakers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Mackie TH Series Loudspeaker $30/$50 Rebate
GET UP TO $50 BACK WHEN YOU BUY MACKIE TH SERIES POWERED LOUDSPEAKERS!
- - Offer Expires 05/31/13
- Download rebate
High-performance audio without the high price tag.
The Mackie Thump Series Powered Loudspeakers deliver deep low-end and real power in a lightweight design that is extremely portable. Class-D Fast Recovery amplification pushes unmatched power to the high-frequency compression driver and bass-pounding high-output woofer. Plus, Mackie Active processing, including a precision crossover and driver time-alignment provides total optimization for maximum system efficiency. Versatile by design, Thump loudspeakers feature a user-adjustable 3-band EQ for tone control and, since they can be pole-mounted or used as a wedge, the Thump Series loudspeakers represent the best value available for a complete stage solution.
More than Just a Powered Speaker Cabinet
Sure, Thump loudspeakers have a built-in power amp—in fact, each have two of them. Mackie's Class-D Fast Recovery low-frequency amp drives the woofer more efficiently with less heat byproduct than other speakers. But so much more goes into a Mackie loudspeaker design than just amplifiers. Mackie Active technology (based on the popular SRMv2 Series) divides the frequencies via a precision 2-way crossover and also time aligns the signals so low-frequency and high-frequency signals arrive in sync to every member of your audience. Active compression provides a first line of defense for the drivers and thermal circuitry protects the amplifiers and power supply should things get too hot. All the onboard electronic systems work together dynamically to produce superior quality sound previously unavailable in this price range.
Portability Meets Versatility
For most people, portability is paramount. That's why Thump loudspeakers are ultra-compact and lightweight, especially the TH-12A which is less than two feet tall and weighs in just over 25lbs. For vocal-only scenarios and applications with acoustic instruments that require superior midrange, the TH-12A shines.
Not only are Thump loudspeakers superb PA enclosures, they also make a superior monitor wedge—just lay the cabinet on its side and turn it up. The compact, lightweight design means zero strain, whether mounting it on a high pole or loading up the van. Ultra-wide frequency response makes them ideal as a keyboard, vocal or even bass guitar monitor. Thump loudspeakers have incredibly smooth response and dispersion over a wide range of frequencies, so you can crank 'em up and they still sound smooth and never harsh.
Exceptional Sonic Performance
Thump Series powered loudspeakers put out a tremendous amount of sound for their size and price tag. The 2-way ported design generates ample quantities of chest-pounding bass, and their 1" compression driver ensures smooth, wide dispersion. Mackie even inserted a 3-band equalizer at the input to give you all the tonal control you could ever want, with an available 15dB boost or cut at 80Hz (low shelf), 100Hz to 8kHz (sweepable mids) and 12kHz (high shelf). With their extremely versatile EQ, you can add some extra thump to that kick drum, bring out the sizzle in your hi-hats, add pop to vocals or correct acoustic anomalies in the room.
Protecting Your Investment
Because Mackie knows you demand the most from your speakers, They added some extra circuitry to keep your Thump loudspeakers performing at their best, even when pushed really hard for long periods of time. Each driver has its own transparent compression circuit, which helps protect them from damaging transient peaks. An over-excursion filter, inserted just before the low frequency amplifier, protects the woofer from bottoming-out when the low-end is driven to the maximum. This means you can hit them hard without fear of thermal damage. Mackie knows things can get pretty hot in the real world, so if the electronics do overheat, separate thermal switches activate and shut down the high and/or low frequency amplifiers until they cool down. These safeguards ensure long life and great-sounding loudspeakers you can always count on.
- 400W of ultra-efficient Fast Recovery amplificationLF 300W peak power (Class-D) HF 100W peak power (Class A/B)
- High-output transducers 12" or 15" high-precision woofer1" compression driver
- Mackie Active electronics provide total system optimization Precision 2-way crossoverTransducer time-alignment
- User-adjustable 3-band contour EQ with sweepable mid-frequency
- Mic/Line input for direct connection of single microphone
- Tough, impact-resistant polypropylene enclosure
- Pole-mountable and floor wedge-able
The best powered loudspeaker option for your hard-earned cash!
Thump Series TH-12A 12" 2-Way Powered Loudspeaker Specifications:
- Acoustic Performance
- Frequency Range (–10 dB): 57 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (–3 dB): 70 Hz – 18.5 kHz
- Horizontal Coverage Angle: 90°
- Vertical Coverage Angle: 60°
- Maximum SPL Long-Term: Maximum SPL Peak: 112 dB SPL @ 1m 115 dB SPL @ 1m
- Input Type: Female XLR Balanced / Unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 20 kbalanced bridging; 10 k unbalanced
- Loop-through: Male XLR Balanced / Unbalanced (parallel with input)
- Level Control: Rotating knob 0 dB at center
- +4 dBu for full output (Level Control @ Center)
- –36 dBu for full output (Level Control @ Max)
- Low Frequency: 12 in / 381 mm with steel frame, paper cone woofer
- High Frequency: Horn-loaded 1 in / 25 mm exit compression driver
- Low Frequency Power Amplifier
- Rated Power:
- 150 watts, 8 ohm load
- 300 watts peak
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > –94 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, unweighted,
- referenced to 138 watts into 8 ohms
- Design: BTL Class D
- High Frequency Power Amplifier
- Rated Power:
- 50 watts, 4 ohm load
- 100 watts peak
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > –97 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, unweighted, referenced to 50 watts into 4 ohms
- Design: Class AB
- Electronic Crossover
- Crossover Type: 24 dB/octave
- Crossover Frequency: 3 kHz
- Low Frequency EQ: ±15 dB @ 80 Hz, shelving
- Mid Frequency EQ: ±15 dB, bandpass, sweepable from100 Hz to 8 kHzHigh Frequency EQ: ±15 dB @ 12 kHz, shelving
- Direct/EQ Switch: Bypasses EQ section
- Protection Features
- Over-excursion Protection: Second-order sub-sonic filter
- Thermal Protection: Independent amplifier shutdown, auto reset
- Driver Protection: Independent HF and LF compressors
- AC Power Requirements
- US: 100 – 120 VAC, 50 – 60 Hz 320 watts
- EU, CN: 200 – 240 VAC, 50 – 60 Hz 320 watts
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC 250 VAC, 20 A male
- Construction Features
- Basic Design: Asymmetrical Trapezoidal
- Material: Polypropylene
- Finish: Textured
- Handles: One on each side, one on top
- Grille: Perforated metal with weather-resistant coating
- Display LEDs
- Front: Power ON
- Rear: Power ON, OL (overload)
- Operating Temperature:
- 0° – 40° C (32 ° – 104° F)
- Physical Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 23.5 in / 596 mm
- Width: 14.5 in / 367 mm
- Depth: 12.4 in / 314 mm
- Weight: 25.5 lb / 11.6 kg
- Mounting Methods: Pole-mountable via the built-in socket on the bottom of the cabinet. Be sure the pole is capable of supporting the weight of the TH-12A.