Two-way bi-amplified, optimized active loudspeaker system with ultrawide, smooth dispersion.
The ultracompact Mackie SRM350 v2 Active Speaker is a live sound powerhouse. The SRM350 v2 whips live sound into complete submission, giving you more control over your shows than ever before. Thanks to its all-new design—from adding new amps and transducers to a new switching power supply—the active Mackie SRM350 v2 surpasses the performance of the original SRM350 to deliver pure studio monitor sound at more powerful, full-on loudspeaker levels. And the SRM350 v2 is also even lighter than before, making it ultra-portable. Even though it's a complete redesign from the inside out, the Mackie SRM350 v2 speaker retains a musician-friendly price tag.
The "SRM" Stands for Sound Reinforcement Monitor
Over a decade ago, Greg Mackie and a dedicated team of engineers set out to create a portable loudspeaker that could deliver studio monitor sound quality. Unlike a relatively small, acoustically controlled studio where the "sweet spot" is well defined, live venues vary greatly, and most are far from acoustically balanced.
Despite the challenges, after two years of extensive research and development, the first Mackie Sound Reinforcement Monitor was born—a loudspeaker that truly lived up to its name. Today the SRM350 v2 continues the SRM350's tradition of studio monitor sound quality—and trumps it—to deliver sound that makes any venue seem like a well-tuned studio.
Undoubtedly you've been to a show where the sound is all over the map. For instance, when you stand in front of the band, it sounds okay, but move a little to your left or right and all of a sudden you've got mud in your ears. When the Mackie SRM350 v2 loudspeakers are on stage, no matter where you stand, you hear sound with impeccable stereo imaging, depth of field, and definition— all at full-on loudspeaker levels. This is due to the SRM350 v2's wide dispersion pattern, which is achieved through its High Frequency waveguide.
Professional Grade Transducers
The Mackie SRM350 v2 sounds even better than the original monitor, in part, because of its premium transducers. The new 10" neodymium woofer has less mass and quicker response which provides incredibly punchy response from such a small loudspeaker. It is much lighter than a traditional ceramic magnet based transducer as well. Additionally, it's titanium compression driver provides sparkle and clarity beyond the original design to keep it's characteristic sound in line with it's big brother. The acoustic gurus out at EAW spent months and months tweaking these custom-designed transducers so that the Mackie SRM350 v2 would deliver the best sound possible in a small format box.
Super-low distortion thanks to Mackie's own Class-D, Fast Recovery Amplification
With its combination of Class D topology and Fast Recovery circuitry, the SRM350 v2 operates with incredible efficiency, and delivers much more power and clarity. With this Class D Fast Recovery amplification, the SRM350v2 handles maximum volume—and associated heat—with ease, so there's no unwanted noise or thermal problems. Even after hours of sustained use at near-peak levels, your sound remains clean and your SRM350v2 keeps cool.
Legendary Active Electronics
In a passive loudspeaker setup, an external amplifier is connected to a passive crossover inside the speaker, which distributes frequencies to the transducers. Because power amps and transducers vary widely in sound and quality, trying to match the right power amp with the right speaker can be challenging, especially if you're not a professional acoustic technician or rolling in cash so you can hire one. Mackie's proven Active design does all the work for you. With the SRM350 v2, you get a complete loudspeaker system, with complex electronics and carefully chosen components, all precisely tuned and tweaked to work together. The result is a loudspeaker with phenomenal sound quality and power, that's completely plug-and-play with no EQ needed.
Built-in Protection Circuitry for Long Life
Active loudspeakers are pushed hard, often to, or beyond, the limit. That's why reliable protection circuitry is built in to every unit. The SRM350 v2 employs a built-in limiter for less distortion at peak levels. Thanks to the advanced technology of its power supply and Class-D amp topology, the SRM350 v2 is greater than 90 percent efficient—more of the power from your outlet goes straight to the transducer, without the power supply and amp giving off loads of heat. Less heat means better performance and a longer life.
Versatile, Portable, Tough
When designing the SRM350 v2, Mackie considered every angle. From every angle is just how you can position it, too—polemount it from the bottom, fly it vertically or horizontally via its optional hanging bracket, or use it as a wedge monitor. With all this flexibility, it's one of the most versatile portable Active loudspeakers around. Moving it into place is easier than ever too. Weighing in at just 26 pounds, you'll have more than enough strength left over to deliver an electrifying performance after loading in. Plus, the SRM350 v2 retains its rugged, Mackie built-like-a-tank durability, thanks to the polypropylene cabinet.
- Two-way biamplified, optimized Active loudspeaker system
- High-output, titanium dome compression driver
- 10" neodymium long-throw low-frequency transducer
- 165W class-D, Fast Recovery LF amp/30W HF amp
- Ultrawide, smooth dispersion via HF waveguide
- Built-in phase accurate 24dB Linkwitz-Riley electronic crossover
- Electronic time correction, phase alignment and EQ for studio quality sound
- Mic/line input and pass-thru connector
- Lightweight for ultimate portability (26lb.)
Order this ultra-compact live sound powerhouse today!
SRM350 v2 Active Speaker (Black) Specifications:
- System Specifications
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 83Hz-18.5kHz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 61Hz-22kHz
- Max SPL Long-Term @ 1m: 118dB
- Max SPL Peak @ 1m: 121dB
- Crossover: Linkwitz-Riley, 24dB/octave @ 2400Hz
- Input Type: Balanced Differential
- Input Impedance: 94kOhms
- Sensitivity (center detent): Line: +4dBu, Mic: -36dBu
- Maximum Input Level: +22dBu
- Acoustic Contour Equalization (peaking): +3dB@100Hz, +3dB@12kHz
- Operating Temperature Range: —10°C - 45°C (14°F-113°F)
- Power Amplifiers
- Low-Frequency Power Amplifier
- Rated Power: 165 watts continuous (Rated power is continuous rms wattage into transducer's rated impedance @1kHz for the HF amplifier and @100Hz for the LF amplifier.)
- Rated THD: < 0.03%
- Cooling: Convection Extrusion
- Design: Class D
- High-Frequency Power Amplifier
- Rated Power: 30 watts continuous (Rated power is continuous rms wattage into transducer's rated impedance @1kHz for the HF amplifier and @100Hz for the LF amplifier.)
- Rated THD: < 0.03%
- Cooling: Convection Extrusion
- Design: Class AB
- Transducer Specifications
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Diameter: 10"/250mm
- Voice Coil Diameter: 2.0"/51mm
- Sensitivity (1W@1m): 96dB
- Power Handling: 250 watts rms, long-term
- Frequency Range: 61Hz-3kHz
- Magnet Type: Neodymium
- High-Frequency Transducer
- Diaphragm Diameter: 1.4"/36mm
- Horn Exit Diameter: 1"/25.4mm
- Diaphragm Material: Titanium
- Sensitivity (1W@1m): 104dB
- Nominal Impedance: 16 ohms
- Power Handling: 75 watts rms, long-term
- Frequency Range: 1kHz-20kHz
- Magnet Type: Ceramic
- Horn Design
- Horizontal Coverage: 90° (1kHz-20kHz)
- Vertical Coverage: 80° (1kHz -20kHz)
- Mouth Size: 11.1" x 6.1" (283mm x 154mm)
- Enclosure Construction Features
- Basic Design: Asymmetrical Trapezoidal
- Material Polypropylene
- Finish: Midnight blue textured finish
- Handles: One on side, one on top
- Grille: Perforated metal with weather-resistant coating
- Line Input Power
- Power Consumption: 120 watts with musical program and LIMIT LED blinking
- US: 120VAC, 60Hz, Recommended Amperage Service: 2.5 amps
- Europe:230VAC, 50Hz, Recommended Amperage Service: 1.25amps
- Japan: 100VAC, 50/60Hz, Recommended Amperage Service: 3.0amps
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC 250 VAC
- Note: The SRM350v2 does not support multiple voltage configurations. Make sure the voltage rating for your particular model (as indicated on the rear panel near the IEC socket) corresponds with your local AC mains voltage.
- Control System Functions
- Electronic Crossover
- Phase Alignment
- Parametric Equalization
- Safety Features
- Protection: Low-frequency Dynamic Bass Protection, Power Supply, and Amplifier Thermal Protection
- Display LEDs: Signal, Power, Limit
- Physical Properties
- Height: 20.75"/527mm
- Width: 13.10"/333mm
- Depth: 12.25"/311mm
- Weight: 26 lb./11.8kg
- The SRM350 v2 is polemountable via the built-in socket on the bottom of the cabinet. Be sure the pole is capable of supporting the weight of the SRM350 v2.