Mackie S518S 18" Passive Subwoofer
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Passive sub for live or DJ systems.
The Mackie S518 is a passive subwoofer with an 18" LF driver. It has a peak handling capacity of 1800 watts. It is an 8 ohm cabinet.
It is made of wood which, aside from being sturdy and all-natural, provides the best-possible response, extended low-frequency output without annoying rattles or vibrations. Plus, substantial internal bracing provides a more rigid enclosure, reducing nasty vibrations that could negatively affect sound quality.
Lastly, the entire acoustic chamber is air-displaced with adiabatic acoustic batting. This dampens internal midrange reflections so they canât bleed back through the LF transducer cone and reach your ears, which causes inferior enclosures to sound âboxy.â This, along with LF porting, also allows Mackie S500 enclosures to deliver huge sound in a more compact design than otherwise possible.
The bumpers have built-in cups for stacking multiple full-range loudspeakers along with sturdy integrated side handles with an ergonomic design thatâs great for transportation.
- Class-leading power handling
- 1800 watts peak
- 18â³ high-output woofer
- PVC vinyl covered wood enclosures with protective edge bumpers
- Wood enclosure with high-durability, textured paint
- Integrated low-pass filter for maximum punch
Order today and add some low-end sock to your mix.
S518S 18" Passive Subwoofer Specifications:
- Frequency Range (â10 dB): 37 Hz â 220 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W @ 1m): 98.3 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Power Handling: 450 watts continuous
- 900 watts program 180 watts peak
- Low-Pass filter: 120 Hz, 12dB/octave
- 2 Low Frequency: 18" / 457 mm woofer, vented
- High Frequency: 1" / 25 mm tweeter
- Input connectors: Two 1/4" TS jacks Two NL4 jacks, paralleled
- Enclosure: Wood with textured black PVC vinyl covering
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 20.3" x 23.9" x 21.3"
- Weight: 70lb.