- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Provides the power, performance, and clarity you need to create world-class mixes.
As a professional studio monitoring solution, MRmk2s are extremely balanced, outputting a high-frequency clarity and midrange definition you can stake your reputation on. They out-power any competitively priced monitor and deliver deeper, more accurate bass than anything in their class. Perfect for professional and home studios, as well as home theaters and multimedia applications, MRmk2 monitors deliver a rich sonic experience and the power, performance and clarity you need to create world-class mixes.
All-new professional transducers
MRmk2 Series studio monitors feature all-new professional transducers specifically designed to meet the demands of the modern project studio. The neodymium magnet-driven silk dome tweeter is both smooth and accurate, featuring ferro-fluid cooling to help protect against power compression during wide dynamic playback. The hyperbolic curved cone woofer, inverted dust cap, and long voice coil windings work in tandem to deliver smooth, consistent output with controlled low frequency performance. When paired with Mackie’s precision-tuned amplifiers, MRmk2 monitors provide spot-on input-to-output tuning that you can take to the bank.
Precision power amplifiers
The dual precision Class A/B amplifiers have been re-voiced to specifically match their new driver components, ensuring that your sound is minimally impacted by distortion, artifacts or changes in frequency response often imparted by working at a variety of volume levels. MRmk2 Series monitors are a 2-way design that offers up to 150 watts of total system power. Delivering more power than anything in their class, MRmk2 studio monitors provide exceedingly smooth output, from ultra-low bass frequencies to precise midrange and sparkling highs.
Custom waveguide & baffle
An optimally-sized custom waveguide is designed to maximize sonic clarity and dispersion, while also serving to minimize diffractions. This approach allows for seamless transition of HF and LF content along with a 3-dimensional sense of space. MRmk2 monitors also feature a molded baffle to impart superior imaging and depth. Your monitors need to be as accurate as they are great-sounding, and the MRmk2 design philosophy gives you exactly that.
Top-notch cabinet design
Everything even down to the cabinet design of MRmk2s are handled with the utmost attention to detail. The sleek-looking MRmk2 cabinets feature custom-tuned rear ports, allowing for the controlled passage of air in and out. The cabinets are constructed of solid MDF, so there’s no unwanted distortion from air movement or vibrations. Transducers are never restricted by pressure, and the cabinets resonate low for deep, balanced bass.
- 150 watts total system power
- High-resolution, powered studio reference monitor
- Ultra low-distortion 8˝ LF driver
- Long voice coil winding length allows high output with controlled low frequency performance
- Optimally sized inverted dust cap stiffens cone for smooth response
- Hyperbolic curved cone profile reduces severe cone resonances
- High-output 1˝ soft dome tweeter
- Neodymium magnet minimizes distortion and handles fast transients in dynamic source material
- Ferro-fluid cooling protects against power compression
- Acoustic absorption backing material provides smooth, reflection-free performance
- Precision Class A/B amplification with Active protection circuits: 100W for LF / 50W for HF
- Optimally sized custom waveguide provides seamless transition of HF and LF
- Minimum-diffraction molded baffle imparts superior stereo imaging and depth
- Adjustable HF and LF acoustic controls offer sonic tailoring to your mixing space
- Flexible inputs include XLR, TRS and RCA connections
- Magnetic shielding allows safe placement near computers and video monitors
Order the high-resolution powered studio monitors you need – today!
MR8mk2 2-Way Reference Monitor Specifications:
- Acoustic Performance
- Free Field Frequency Response: 40 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sound Pressure Level @ 1 meter, +4 dBu into Balanced Input: 107 dB SPL @ 1m
- Maximum SPL Per Pair: 119 dB SPL @ 1m
- Low frequency: 8 in / 204 mm hyperbolic curved cone woofer
- High Frequency: Neodymium magnet driven 1 in / 25 mm silk dome tweeter
- Low frequency power:
- 100 watts, 4ω load; 200 watts peak
- High Frequency power: 50 watts, 8ω load; 100 watts peak
- Type: Monolithic IC, Class AB with DMOS power stage
- Electronic Crossover
- Crossover Type: 24dB/octave
- Crossover Frequency: 3 kHz
- Sensitivity: +4 dBu at 300 Hz for full output
- Input Impedance: 20 Kω Balanced bridging; 10 kω unbalanced
- Low Frequency EQ: +2 dB/+4 dB @ 100 Hz, shelving
- High Frequency EQ: ±2 dB @ 5 kHz, shelving
- AC Power requirements
- US: 120VAC, 60 Hz
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC 250 VAC, 16 A male
- Fuse: 115 VAC: T 1.6AL/250 V; 230 VAC: T 800 mAL/250 V
- Power Consumption: 75 watts with music, loud mix 10 watts quiescent (idle)
- Physical Dimensions and Weight
- Enclosure: 0.630” (16mm) thick MDF with 0.750” (16mm) MDF front panel
- Damping: Adiabatic batting
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15.7” x 10.8” x 13.0” (400 x 277 x 330 mm)
- Weight: 27.6 lb. (12.5 kg)