Mackie MR8 Reference Monitor (2010)Product #485386 Mackie 485386 YBDA Powered Monitors https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
High-resolution, biamped studio monitors with 3 input options.
The Mackie MR8 Reference Studio Monitor delivers truly professional audio quality and everything you need for critical monitoring—at a price that's unbelievably affordable. Wide, even dispersion means a broad sweet spot, minimizing funny dips or peaks in frequency response when you move off axis. MR8 monitors deliver superior bass extension—tight and free from distortion—so your lows pack just the right amount of punch. To ensure the best sound possible for your setup, Mackie MR Series monitors feature acoustic controls so you can tune them to fit your room. With their active biamplified architecture, wide dispersion, ultra-flat frequency response, and outstanding bass performance, you get superior imaging with impeccable clarity, for a truly inspirational, non-fatiguing monitoring experience.
Mackie MR Series monitors achieve their transparent sound quality thanks to these key design elements:
Mackie Minimum-Diffraction Molded Baffle:
When it comes to baffle design, shape matters; it plays a role in how sound waves travel. Mackie's baffle is precisely molded to minimize diffraction, so sound waves radiate smoothly, and are dispersed optimally. Mackie's precision waveguide is designed to ensure broad, even dispersion, and a smooth transition between highs and lows. The result is a crystal-clear image of your mix, with an ultra-wide, even sweet spot. Whether you're in mix position or not, on axis or off, you'll always hear an accurate representation of your mix.
Amplifiers are the power behind a monitor's sound, but they can also color it. Unlike with passive monitors, Mackie's amplifiers are precisely matched to the monitor design. Featuring Mackie's proven Class A/B architecture, the MR Monitors' amplifiers are meticulously tuned to deliver ultraflat frequency response, so the sound remains neutral. To compensate for room characteristics, acoustic controls allow you to adjust High Frequency and Low Frequency settings (±2dB). Balanced inputs allow you to get the best signal possible, but the option of unbalanced inputs mean you can connect easily to any source. And MR Monitors deliver enough power to handle the toughest source material, at sound levels beyond sane people's requirements.
A speaker's cabinet is more than just an enclosure—it's another component that affects the overall quality and character of the sound. Mackie's cabinet features a rear port, carefully tuned to deliver superior bass performance with no audible vent noise. Because air passes through the precisely engineered curved port easily, there is no distortion, and no buildup of pressure within the cabinet that could affect driver movement. The rigidity of the cabinet's precision-braced MDF construction also prevents vibration, meaning your sound is always free from unwanted resonance.
Transducers are responsible for converting your electrical signal into sound. So consistent, unwavering performance is a must if you want sonic clarity. Mackie specifically creates ultralow distortion steel frame woofers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters to work perfectly in concert with all the components in each MR monitor. You get a precisely tuned monitor that performs with impeccable consistency.
MR Series Monitors are ideal for a variety of applications. Use the MRs to empower your mixes in the studio, or to add pro sound to your multimedia, gaming or home theatre system. You can even use them for a great-sounding home DJ rig. The MR5 and MR8 Monitors share the same design, so they function great together, too, making them optimal for multiple monitor setups—just add a Big Knob—as well as surround systems. For any applications where high-quality sound and classic good looks are required, MR monitors are the perfect fit.
Mackie's Reputation Speaks for Itself
With every product Mackie releases into the wild—from monitors to loudspeakers to mixers—they up the ante on performance, reliability, and affordability. Mackie's innovation and commitment to great sound is why so many of their products are top sellers, and why Mackie's gear has legions of enthusiastic devotees.
Tracktion 3 Music Production Software
The MR8 also comes with Tracktion 3 Music Production Software which doesn’t make you bounce around endless menus and windows to make music. Based on a simple, single-screen interface, the award-winning Tracktion 3 is a fast, powerful, and complete solution for turning your ideas into finished songs. It comes a plethora of power and plug-ins to keep your music flowing—not locked in menus or limitations.
- Studio monitor with true Active design
- Precision Class A/B amplifiers with Active protection circuits: 100W for LF/50W for HF
- HF and LF acoustic controls for room correction
- Balanced XLR, TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs
- Ultralow distortion 8" steel frame LF transducer
- Waveguide loaded 1" high-resolution HF transducer
- Minimum-diffraction molded baffle for smooth, wide sweet zone
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement near computer/video monitor
- Precisely tuned for working interchangeably with other MR units
Get Mackie quality at a budget-friendly price. Order this studio monitor today.
MR8 Reference Monitor (2010) Specifications:
- Acoustic Performance
- Free Field Frequency Response: 40Hz-20kHz (±3dB)
- Lower Cutoff Frequency: -3dB @ 60Hz
- Upper Cutoff Frequency: -3dB @ 22kHz
- Sound Pressure Level @ 1 meter, +4dBu into Balanced Input: 100dB SPL @ 1m
- Maximum SPL Per Pair: 116dB SPL @ 1m
- Low Frequency: 8"/203mm steel frame cone woofer with rubber surround
- High Frequency: Wave guide loaded 1"/25mm silk dome tweeter
- Low Frequency Power: 100 watts, 4 ohm load, 200 watts peak
- High Frequency Power: 50 watts, 4 ohm load, 100 watts peak
- Slew Rate: >15 V/µs
- Distortion (THD, SMPTE IMD, DIM 100): < 0.035%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: (Low Frequency): > 101dB, 20Hz to 20kHz, unweighted, referenced to 100 watts into 4 ohms (High Frequency): > 93dB, 20Hz to 20kHz, unweighted, referenced to 50 watts into 4 ohms
- Type: Monolithic IC, Class AB with DMOS power stage
- Electronic Crossover
- Crossover Type: 24dB/octave
- Crossover Frequency: 3kHz
- Sensitivity: +4dBu at 300Hz for full output
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ, balanced bridging; 10 kΩ unbalanced
- Low Frequency EQ: +2dB/+4dB @ 100Hz, shelving
- High Frequency EQ: ±2dB @ 5kHz, shelving
- AC Power Requirements
- US: 120 VAC, 60Hz
- Note: The MR5 does not support multiple voltage configura-
- tions. Make sure the voltage rating for your particular model (as indicated on the rear panel near the IEC socket) corresponds with your local AC mains voltage.
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC 250 VAC, 16 A male
- Fuse: 115 VAC: T 3.15AL/250V, 230 VAC: T 1.6AL/250V
- Power Consumption: 100 watts with music, loud mix, 20 watts quiescent (idle)
- Physical Dimensions and Weight
- Enclosure: 0.625 in/16mm thick MDF with 0.750 in/19 mm MDF front panel
- Damping: Adiabatic foam
- Dimensions (HxDxW): 15.75"/400mm, (16.00"/406mm when including top of waveguide) x 10.85"/276mm x 13.60"/346mm
- Weight: 27.6 lb./12.5 kg
- Tracktion 3 System Requirements
- Windows XP
- Pentium / Athlon 1GHz or higher
- 512MB RAM or higher
- OSX 10.4.8 or higher
- G4, G5, Intel 1GHz or higher
- 512MB RAM or higher