Mackie DL1608 16-Channel Digital Live Sound Mixer with iPad Control
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Dial-in the front-of-house from anywhere in the venue, and give artists full-control over their own monitor mixes.
The Mackie DL1608 redefines live mixing by combining the proven power of a full-featured digital mixer with the unmatched ease and mobility of an iPad. With 16 boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps, and the performance of 24-bit Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters, you're guaranteed professional quality sound. Seamless wired to wireless iPad control means you can mix from anywhere in the venue. This gives you the mobile freedom to control not only the mix, but also powerful plug-ins like EQ, dynamics, effects and more. The sleek DL1608 even supports up to 10 iPad devices. Forget bulky consoles and racks of gear. The power is at your fingertips.
Control The Mix From Anywhere
With the Mackie DL1608’s seamless wired to wireless mixing capabilities, you can mix in real time from anywhere in the venue on your iPad. Instantly adjust mix functions from tuning front of house trouble spots to ringing out stage monitors.
*An additional Wi-Fi router is required and must be connected to the DL1608. The iPad must be within range of the Wi-Fi router to enable wireless mixing functionality. Wi-Fi router not included
Get In Touch With Your Mix
Designed specifically for the iPad, the DL1608’s Master Fader app brings groundbreaking DAW mixing features and functionality to the live environment. With this intuitive breakthrough app, you can create mix snapshots, channel presets and even record stereo tracks straight to your iPad. Plus, with “Grow and Glow” giving you visual indication of the function you’re controlling, you can be assured that you’re always in control.
Proven Hardware That Sounds Great
By combining 16 of Mackie’s flagship Onyx mic preamps with the performance of 24-bit Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters, the Mackie DL1608 delivers remarkable sound quality. Add to that eight balanced outputs, and you have a mixer that not only provides incredible dynamic range, fidelity and transparency, but also great versatility and outstanding value.
Tons of Built-in Processing
The DL1608 is loaded with a choice of powerful plug-ins on every channel, so you won’t need to set up additional racks of outboard gear. With just the touch of a finger, you have total control over 4-band EQ, compression and gate plug-ins. Plus, sweeten your sound with a full-featured reverb and tap delay or adjust your mix to the room with the 31-band graphic EQ and limiter on the main and aux outs.
Total Snapshot Recall
The Mackie DL1608 allows you to recall mix functions with just the touch of a finger. With Total Snapshot Recall, you can now easily save and access sound check settings for multiple bands, complex song mixes, previous mixes from challenging venues, recall scenes for theater productions and more. You can even pre-set the mixing board and be ready to go the moment you arrive. Note that mic pre-amp gains are not recallable.
Quickly set up a new mix with the DL1608’s Channel Presets. With simple touch screen control, you can immediately assign a factory or your own custom channel preset for kick drum, bass, guitar, keyboard and more to any channel you choose. And when you’ve made the perfect settings, easily save them for later use and share them with your friends.
Multiple iPad Support
Supporting up to 10 iPad devices simultaneously, the Mackie DL1608 allows multiple engineers to control the mix. Plus, it gives band members the ability to adjust their own monitors. Now, the band can dial in the mix they want to hear in real time right on stage.
No more need to search for a marker to scribble down channel ID’s on a strip of tape, with the app you can use your iPad camera to snap quick pics of the band members or of their gear, for a completely customized channel ID. Channel images is by far one of the coolest ways to identify tracks when mixing live.
The sleek and low profile 16-channel Mackie DL1608 is rooted in design innovation. Its powerfully small format destroys the industry’s notion that “bigger is better” by allowing modern technology to eliminate the need for bulky boards and racks of gear.
The Mackie DL1608 is perfect for installing in venues. With its easy to use Master Fader iPad application, it has never been easier to train up new sound engineers. The powerfully small, low profile design lets you install it just about anywhere.
- Control the mix in real time from anywhere in the venue on your iPad
- Instantly adjust mix functions from tuning front of house trouble spots to ringing out stage monitors
- Loaded with 16 studio-quality Mackie Onyx mic preamps with 12 XLR and four combo mic/line inputs, connecting mics and instruments is quick and easy
- High-end 24-bit Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters offer a remarkable 114dB dynamic range provide the most headroom and lowest noise possible
- Powerful 4-band EQ, compression, gate, reverb and tap delay plug-ins on every channel, so you won’t need to set up additional racks of outboard gear
- 31-Band graphic EQ and limiter on the main and aux outs
- Support for up to 10 iPad devices simultaneously, allows multiple engineers to control the mix
- Gives band members the ability to adjust their own monitors
- Total snapshot recall allows you to recall mix functions with just the touch of a finger
- Channel presets immediately assign a factory or your own custom channel preset for kick drum, bass, guitar, keyboard and more
- Record your mix from the L/R stereo outputs directly to your iPad
- Channel images allow you to easily identify assigned channels with pictures of band members or their gear
- Powerfully small, low profile design lets you install it just about anywhere
Get out from behind the board, and get a mobile edge to your live sound mixes today.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Controls
- Easy To Use
- Limited Functions
- Entry Level Band Talent
Comments about Mackie DL1608 16-Channel Digital Live Sound Mixer with iPad Control:
If your looking for a digital board that does a fine job of nothing more than just basic mixing...This is for you. If on the other hand you want something with more fx and more options to grow and add onto at a later date. I would pass on this. But it is a solid little mixer in its own right and would get you through any show.