Mackie 1642-VLZ3 Premium 16-Channel/4-Bus Compact MixerProduct #630134 Mackie 630134 YJB Unpowered Mixers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
16-channel ultra-low noise compact mixer with highest possible headroom.
The Mackie 1642-VLZ3 Premium 16-Channel/4-Bus Compact Mixer extends the legacy of the best-selling 1642-VLZ Pro. Perfectly suited for line-level devices such as keyboards and drum machines, the stereo channels feature four-band fixed EQ, while the mono channels utilize Mackie's proprietary three-band active EQ, with sweepable midrange. Ten XDR2 second-generation mic preamps, along with completely redesigned mix bus circuitry give the 1642-VLZ3 its low-noise, high-headroom functionality and superior sound. The new multi-voltage power supply allows it to be used anywhere in the world. Ideal for home and project studios seeking superior performance, the highly versatile 1642-VLZ3 Premium Compact Mixer is equally at home on the stage or in the studio.
Tracktion 3 Music Production Software
Included with the 1642-VLZ3 is Tracktion 3 Music Production Software which doesnât make you bounce around endless menus and windows to make music. Based on a simple, single-screen interface, the award-winning Tracktion 3 is a fast, powerful, and complete solution for turning your ideas into finished songs. It comes a plethora of power and plug-ins to keep your music flowingânot locked in menus or limitations.
- 10 studio-grade XDR2 Extended Dynamic Range mic preamps with:
- Ultra-wide 60dB gain range
- 130dB dynamic range
- +22dBu line input handling
- Extended low frequency response
- Distortion under 0.0007% THD (20Hz _ 20kHz)
- Phantom power for studio condenser mics
- 16 high-headroom line inputs (4 stereo pairs, 8 mono)
- Advanced DC pulse transformer RF rejection
- 60mm long-wearing logarithmic-taper faders
- 4 Aux sends, level, pan, -20dB/Solo and OL/Mute LEDs on each channel
- 4 stereo Aux returns, 8 Direct outs, 4 stereo Group/Bus outputs
- 3-band Active EQ with sweepable midrange on mono channels
- 4-band Active EQ on stereo channels
- 18dB/oct. 75Hz Lo-Cut filter on mic channels
- Control Room/Phones multi-input source matrix with separate level controls
- Balanced 1/4" inputs and outputs (except inserts)
- Rack-mountable design using optional rack ears
- Sealed rotary controls to resist dust and grime
- New Multi-Voltage power supply for worldwide use
- Rugged steel chassis
1642-VLZ3 Premium 16-Channel/4-Bus Compact Mixer Specifications:
- Tracktion 3 System Requirements
- Windows XP
- Pentium / Athlon 1GHz or higher
- 512MB RAM or higher
- OSX 10.4.8 or higher
- G4, G5, Intel 1GHz or higher
- 512MB RAM or higher
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Mackie 1642-VLZ3 Premium 16-Channel/4-Bus Compact Mixer:
Considering the price, I'm quite happy with this product. I would recommend you download the user manual from Mackie to make sure it has all the inputs, outputs and routings you're looking for. Some people may expect more from a 16 channel unit but this was fine for me. I like the fact that it has 8 direct outs that I can plug to one of my ADAT recorders and 8 sub outs for the second ADAT. I happen to use a 24 channel Mackie to do the mixing so this unit is dedicated to tracking. I noticed a big difference in sound quality between the expanded range inputs and the normal inputs so again, make sure you read the specifications carefully before buying. Overall I think it's a good value for your money if it fits your application.