- Buy New
Quality drivers, a smart integrated design, and strong DSP help this monitor adapt to your needs.
The M-Audio Studiophile DSM1 is a reference studio monitor engineered to provide superior monitoring for discerning audio professionals. The DSM1 active studio monitor's design results from a collaboration between 2 powerhouse music technology companies: M-Audio and Digidesign. The DSM1 monitor features DSP-based crossover management, an assortment of onboard digital EQ controls, proprietary high-grade driver designs, and analog and digital inputs for high-resolution audio up to 24-bit/192kHz. With stunning accuracy, clarity, and dynamic range, the Studiophile DSM1 monitor makes world-class reference technology accessible to a broad array of creative and professional environments.
Redefining the World-Class Near-Field Monitor
Over the last 20 years, M-Audio has achieved critical acclaim across diverse lines of music production tools. They attribute much of this success to the fact that each product group operates like a small boutique shop within the organization. The Los Angeles-based engineering team that designed the Studiophile speaker line applied their expertise to the DSM drivers, power amps, cabinetry, and electronics. Along the way, they worked with top recording engineers and producers to refine the Studiophile DSM monitors for optimal performance.
M-Audio engineers worked closely with their counterparts at Digidesign to bring their experience to the Studiophile DSM1 monitor. The powerful onboard DSP engine controls a complex 4th-order digital crossover. It also provides clear and accurate audio imaging by compensating for phase differences between the two drivers at the crossover point. This makes the DSM1 deliver perfect acoustic alignment and exceptional imaging. And as a result of exhaustive tuning and listening sessions, the DSM1 monitor provides incredible tonal accuracy, excellent dynamic range, and exceptionally low distortion.
Tailor the Speaker to Your Room
Your listening environment and speaker placement greatly impact monitor performance. To ensure optimal monitoring in your studio, the onboard DSP also manages a broad range of customizable performance filter settings that allow you to tailor each speaker to your room. DSM1 offers DSP-controlled high and low frequency roll-offs along with an assortment of EQ settings, from Acoustic Space to Q, to help optimize the speaker for placement within even the most difficult acoustic environments.
To ensure excellent sonic clarity, the Studiophile DSM1 monitor features a custom-designed, 6.5-inch anodized aluminum cone woofer that actively reduces distortion by pushing the break-up mode out of the pass band for maximum low-frequency detail at any volume level. The 1" ferrofluid-cooled tweeter is made of a soft Teteron dome, which strikes the perfect balance between efficiency and damping to produce a controlled high-frequency breakup out to 27kHz. The drivers and their carefully matched power amps provide a wide 42Hz—27kHz frequency response and outstanding dynamic range, ensuring that you hear an accurate representation of your audio at all volumes.
Strategically Integrated Design
Each component in the DSM1 monitor is customized to deliver outstanding sound quality in a compact form factor. Featuring an exclusive design, the sturdy cabinet is constructed from high-density material with internal bracing that renders it acoustically inert. The tuned bass-reflex dual-sided flared port offers increased SPL with extended bass response and low turbulence, while the carefully matched Class D power amps deliver ample power with low distortion and excellent efficiency. The custom-voiced components ensure hours of accurate listening without fatigue. And the professional analog and digital inputs support studio-grade audio resolutions up to 24-bit/192kHz, revealing every detail that you've created with your digital audio workstation.
Far beyond the industry standards, the DSM1 monitor design endures a severe 100-hour continuous pink noise qualification process, ensuring its reliability in the harshest studio environments. This 100-hour reliability test starts with each individual driver design. Once each driver design successfully passes, the entire assembly is qualified as a system via the same 100-hour process. This highly rigorous design qualification process ensures that the DSM1 monitors will perform at the highest level for hours on end, every time you turn them on.
- 1" (25.4mm) Teteron soft fabric, high-frequency dome with Neodymium magnet and ferrofluid cooling—accurate to 27kHz
- 6.5" (165.1mm) custom low-frequency driver with anodized aluminum cone provides exceptionally low distortion
- Onboard DSP manages the complex digital crossover for pristine imaging
- DSP-based EQ and Acoustic Space Controls optimize frequency response for any production environment
- Bass-reflex port delivers controlled extended bass response
- High-density cabinet yields good damping and reduced acoustic interference
- Professional digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz): S/PDIF and AES
- Balanced analog inputs: XLR and 1/4"
World-class reference technology made accessible to all. Order the DSM1 today.
Studiophile DSM1 Active Studio Monitor Specifications:
- Frequency response: 49Hz-27kHz
- Peak SPL at 1 meter: 110dB
- Low-frequency driver: 6.5" (165.1mm) domeless anodized aluminum cone
- High-frequency driver: 1" (25.4 mm) soft Teteron dome with Neodymium magnet and ferrofluid cooling
- Crossover frequency: 2.7kHz @ 24dB/octave
- HF shelf: +1.5dB, -1.5dB, -3.0dB
- Mid EQ: +1.5dB, -1.5dB, -3.0dB
- High-pass filter: 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz @ 12dB/octave
- Acoustic space control filter: -1.5dB, -3.0dB, -4.5dB
- Desk EQ Filter 1: -1.0dB, -2.0dB, -3.0dB @ 220Hz
- Desk EQ Filter 2: -1.0dB, -2.0dB, -3.0dB @ 175Hz
- Desk EQ Filter 3: -1.0dB, -2.0dB, -3.0dB @ 200Hz
- Analog inputs: XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced
- Digital inputs: S/PDIF and AES/EBU
- Input impedance: 20kOhm
- Input sensitivity: +4dBu yields 90dB @ 1 meter (trim level set to 0)
- Gain trim: Volume trim from -22dB to +10dB
- Analog-to-digital specifications
- Maximum input level: 18dBu
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 102dB (A-weighted)
- THN + noise
- Conversion rate: 96kHz
- Digital Power Amplifier
- Output power (1% THD): LF: 100W, HF: 80W
- THD + noise (10W, 1kHz): < 0.05%
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 100dB (A-weighted)
- Frequency response (+0, -3dB): 20Hz-40kHz
- Efficiency: > 90%
- Dimensions: 10.3"W x 12.8"H x 9"D
- Weight: 16.5 lb.