- Buy New
A studio monitor that offers accurate listening in any acoustic environment.
The M-Audio Studiophile CX5 near-field studio monitor combines proprietary driver design, custom waveguides, seamless crossover integration, and advanced Acoustic Space controls. The result is a best-in-class studio monitor with excellent off-axis response, minimal distortion, an expansive soundstage, and the flexibility to adapt to any production space. The Studiophile CX5 speaker brings exceptionally accurate monitoring to any acoustic environment.
Most near-field monitors require close and specific placement to yield acceptable stereo imaging. Years of research and work with waveguide design culminate in the amazing continuity, breadth and depth of the M-Audio Studiophile CX5 soundstage. M-Audio's custom OptImage IV waveguide design improves overall detail and clarity. It also controls the dispersion pattern of the mids and highs, offering a much wider soundstage than traditional waveguides. As a result, the Studiophile CX5 monitor delivers an accurate, detailed representation of your mix with a remarkably broad sweet spot.
Tailor the Speaker to Your Room
Your listening environment and speaker placement greatly impact the performance of your monitors. To ensure effective monitoring in your unique production space, the M-Audio Studiophile CX5 monitor offers Acoustic Space controls for tailoring each speaker to your room. Acoustic Space settings include -4dB, -2dB and Flat. The CX5 Studio Monitor also features LF Cutoff, MF Boost and HF Trim switches for additional customization. These settings help to optimize frequency response within even the most difficult acoustic environments.
Optimized Frequency Response
The finely tuned integration of acoustic and electronic design elements in the M-Audio CX5 monitor delivers cohesive sound—from solid bass, to well-defined mids, to smooth, transparent highs. Featuring a high-grade damping surround, the premium, Kevlar, low-frequency driver maximizes excursion to provide clear, articulate low end with bass impact you'd expect from a larger speaker enclosure. The silk-dome, high-frequency driver with oversized 1.25-inch voice coil delivers an exceptional high-frequency response up to 30kHz.
The M-Audio CX5 Studio Monitor's components are designed to work together so that the entire system has superior headroom. You get lower high-frequency distortion and reduced listener fatigue compared to other monitors in its class. The bi-amplified design dedicates 50 watts for the lows and 40 watts for the highs. The low-frequency driver's venting and large voice coil provide both thermal and acoustic headroom. The high-frequency driver features an optimized, sealed rear chamber for more audible headroom (as well as lower frequency extension for greater mid-range clarity) than similarly priced monitor speakers. These factors also contribute to a more uniform response at a variety of listening levels. Using M-Audio Stuiophone CX5 Studio Monitors you can work longer without fatiguing your speakers or your ears.
- Exceptional design integration offers well-balanced sound with superior detail
- Acoustic Space controls optimize frequency response for your room
- OptImage IV high-performance wave-guide offers expanded, layered soundstage with large sweet spot
- 5-inch, Kevlar, low-frequency driver provides full, tight bass
- 1.25-inch, silk-domed, high-frequency driver delivers clear highs
- 90 watts of dispersed power gives extra headroom with minimal distortion
- Ultra-solid, internally braced cabinet has low transmission loss
Improve the quality of your mixes today.
Studiophile CX5 Studio Monitor Specifications:
- Frequency Response:
- 50Hz To 30khz (± 3db) (0 Degrees, On Tweeter Axis)
- Low-Frequency Response: -10db At 40Hz
- Low-Frequency Response: -3db At 45Hz
- High-Frequency Response: -3db At 30khz On Tweeter Axis
- Off-Axis Linear Frequency Response:
- Spatially Averaged ±15° Vertically, ±30° Horizontally
- Rear-Panel Trim Controls:
- High-Frequency Trim: +2db, 0db, -2db Above 3khz
- Mid-Frequency Boost In/Out: 2db Centered At 2khz With A Low Q Bandwidth
- Low-Frequency Cutoff: Flat, 80Hz And 100Hz
- Acoustic Space: 0db, -2db And -4db Above 200Hz
- Crossover Frequency: 2600Hz