With Kevlar low-frequency drivers, waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters, and custom class A/B analog amplifiers.
The M-Audio BX studio monitor series is trusted by more musicians and recording professionals than any other. Now, BX8 D2 monitors extend the bestsellers’ legacy with an elegant new design inside and out. M-Audio has leveraged technology from their high-end monitors to extend the frequency response and provide an even more natural listening experience. Custom Class A/B analog amplifiers deliver superior dynamics and tonal accuracy across the frequency spectrum—while the latest-generation woven Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters provide rich, defined sound. With the BX5 D2, you’ll enjoy the utmost accuracy in an engaging listening experience.
M-Audio monitors—number one by design
M-Audio’s experienced engineers combine innovative thinking with masterful speaker design and superior craftsmanship, developing monitors that push technology boundaries and outperform the competition. From the high-resolution M-Audio DSM series to the best-selling M-Audio BX series, our monitors provide the perfect monitoring solution to complement your professional setup, project studio or mobile recording rig.
Accurate and enjoyable
Whether you’re recording, mixing, or mastering, your monitors are your primary reference source. Accurate monitors let you hear exactly what’s happening in your mixes—and give you the assurance that your music will translate well to other listening environments. The M-Audio BX8 D2 monitors leverage a decade of monitor engineering expertise to deliver exceptional transparency and sonic definition—allowing you to enjoy marathon mixing sessions with minimal listening fatigue.
Designed for pros—and beginners
Countless pros use M-Audio studio monitors to produce and mix the music and audio you hear every day. The BX D2 series makes that same design philosophy and technology available to anyone with a passion for great sound. BX8 D2 helps you understand what’s in your mix so you can make better decisions about how it will translate across a wide variety of systems—from MP3 earbuds to car stereos to audiophile rigs.
Silk-dome, waveguide-loaded, high-frequency drivers
Our high-frequency domes are made from natural silk to counter the audible ringing that is inherent in the poorly crafted metallic materials often found in other monitors. The high-frequency driver is fully isolated from the rest of the enclosure to ensure minimum distortion, providing ultra-smooth frequency response up to 22 kHz. It also features a built-in waveguide, which offers an expansive sound stage and exceptional imaging.
Kevlar low-frequency drivers
To insure a lifetime of service, we constructed the BX5 D2 monitor’s 8” low-frequency driver from woven Kevlar. Kevlar’s high mechanical and thermal resilience makes it ideal for use in speaker cones. Our engineers also created a curved conical design that improves room dispersion. High-damping reliable rubber surrounds provide percussive musical bass, and insure that the cone reaches its optimal excursion for accurate reproduction. And our high-temperature voice coils reduce power compression, guaranteeing that your monitors will deliver full performance hour after hour.
Rear-ported cabinet design
The BX8 D2 cabinet is integrally designed with its other components for optimal performance—right down to rounded corners for reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging. The custom rear port is designed to minimize air turbulence and resulting distortion while adding additional low frequency extension.
The Class A/B bi-amplified design dedicates separate power amps to the high and low frequencies—providing ample headroom for even the loudest and most dynamic of mixes. Combined with a finely tuned crossover, the design ensures that each driver only delivers the frequencies that it can reproduce most efficiently, resulting in tonal accuracy and cohesive sound across the entire frequency spectrum.
Find the sweet spot quickly and easily
When monitoring, it’s important to sit in the middle position or “sweet spot” between the two speakers—where the stereo image is optimized. BX8 D2 features a pinhole power LED that makes finding the sweet spot easy. You’ll know you’re in the right listening position when the BX8 D2 power LEDs appear to be brightest.
- Bi-amplified design with 130 watts of distributed power offers cohesive, accurate sound
- 8” low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones provide rich, defined lows
- 1-1/4” high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides deliver smooth, clear highs
- Optimized rear ports for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control
- Includes two isolation pads
Turn up the volume with even more improvements to the industry’s best-selling monitors.
BX8 D2 Studio Monitors Specifications:
- Frequency response: 38 Hz – 22 kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2.2 kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 70 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 60 watts
- Maximum signal-to-noise (dynamic range): > 100 dB (typical a-weighted) Polarity: positive signal at + input produce outward lf cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mv pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: factory programmed for either 115v ~50/60 Hz or 230v ~50/60 Hz Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size: 12” x 10” x 15”; 30.48cm x 25.4cm x 38.1cm
- Weight: 26.4 lb./unit; 11.97 kg