Powered desktop bass reflex speakers with magnetic sheilding and premium components.
M-Audio studio speakers are music industry bestsellers–and now AV 40 powered montors bring this professional legacy to your home. Unlike plastic multimedia speakers, AV 40s use technology thats trusted by top musicians, engineers, and composers: premium woofer and tweeter components for rich lows and crystal highs; wave guides for clarity and detail; and wooden cabinets for tight, punchy sound. Theyre perfect for creating all kinds of mediaand also let you get the most out of your CDs, MP3s, DVDs, and games.
Professional components–professional results
M-Audio builds the AV 40s with the same quality materials and precision electronics as acclaimed M-Audio professional studio speakers. The audiophile-grade Class A/B amplifier architecture, ferrofluid-cooled silk cone tweeters, polypropylene-coated woofers, and dense wooden enclosures add up to big, defined sound that defies the speakers' small size.
Clear, cohesive sound
The AV 40 speakers use proprietary OptImage wave guide technology—originally developed for the professional M-Audio speaker line—to deliver superior clarity and detail. Each speaker also features a precision-engineered crossover, which ensures that the sound emanating from the low-frequency driver will blend seamlessly with the sound from the high-frequency driver—so those deep lows transition smoothly into crystal-clear highs.
Extended low end
If you crave bass, AV 40s have you covered. With wooden cabinets and bass reflex design, the AV 40s kick out serious low frequencies—perfect for producing hip-hop and electronic music, or enjoying your favorite CDs, MP3s, DVDs, and games.
Magnetically shielded for desktop use
Many speakers emit stray magnetic flux that can wreak havoc with your computer's video monitor or a nearby TV. The AV 40s are magnetically shielded, so they can coexist with other equipment without interference.
- 4" polypropylene-coated woofers for tight, accurate bass
- 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk cone tweeters for clear, pristine highs
- OptImage III tweeter wave guides for superior imaging and detail
- 15-watt-per-channel amplifier with Class A/B architecture
- Magnetic shielding for use near computer video monitors
- Back-panel 1/4" TRS balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs for connecting gaming systems, DJ gear, mixers, amplifiers, instruments, and more
- Front-panel 1/8" stereo auxiliary input for connecting your laptop or desktop computer, MP3 player, or other audio sources
- Front-panel 1/8" headphone output for connecting headphones
- Front-panel volume control
If you want to go beyond enjoying music and videos to creating your own, you need a serious speaker system with accurate sound. Order your AV 40s today!
AV 40 Studio Monitor Pair Specifications:
- Type: 2-way desktop reference speaker
- Low-frequency driver: 4" diameter, polypropylene-coated, magnetically shielded with high-temperature voice coil
- High-frequency driver: 1" diameter, magnetically shielded silk cone tweeter
- Frequency response: 85Hz – 20kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2.7kHz
- RMS SPL: 101.5dB @ 1 meter
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 90dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input connectors: left and right RCA line input, left and right 1/4" TRS input, and 1/8" aux input
- Polarity: Positive signal at "+" input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic power: 15W continuous, per channel into 4 Ω
- Input impedance: 10k ohm unbalanced, 20k ohm balanced
- Input sensitivity: 100mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
- Indicator: Blue power LED ring around volume knob on front panel
- Power requirements: 100-120V/~50/60Hz, 220-240V/~50/60Hz; powered via attached 2-conductor line cord
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 8-3/4" (H) x 6" (W) x 7-1/4" (D) / 22.2 cm (H) x 15.2 cm (W) x 18.4" (D)
- weight: 14lb. / 6.34 kg
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Clear Sound
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
Comments about M-Audio AV 40 Studio Monitor Pair:
Comments about M-Audio AV 40 Studio Monitor Pair:
These monitors are great.You can put them near computers and electronic equipment without worry.The are magnetically shielded.The volume is pretty good for as small as they are and the audio is very clear.They will help you get well balanced mixes.They come with everything but TRS cables.I had a set of TRS cables around so it was not much of a problem BUT if you have an m-audio audio interface like the fast track pro you will need the TRS cables to properly connect them to monitor your audio.They include speaker cable to hook up the second speaker and a phono stereo to rca for your computer audio card (in case you want to monitor your audio from the computer) and a straight phono stereo for say a cd player or audio device with stereo phono or headphone jack.M-audio makes really good products.