Langevin Stereo ELOP LimiterSku #620918000000000 Langevin 620918 YFC Compressors & Limiters https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Set it and forget it! – a limiter that makes your job easy.
Set it and forget it! The Langevin Stereo-Optical ELOP Limiter makes your job easy. The principle of operation is based around using a rectified sample of the audio to shine an LED (Light Emitting Diode) onto an LDR (Light Dependent Resistor). The photo-resistor in combination with a fixed resistor simply act as a changing voltage divider to attenuate the signal &mdash like a smart volume control. A similar principle was found in the older Teletronix & Urei LA-2A, LA-3, and LA-4 units, which used a slower electro-luminescent panel-light on a conventional LDR encased in a light-tight enclosure. Manley uses modern VACTROL technology (but with a trick!) for exact sample-to-sample tracking and no high-frequency loss while digging deep into limiting &mdash problems commonly associated with older LA-series limiters and other opto-based units.
The Langevin limiter's audio signal passes only through Manley's super-clean single-ended vacuum tube line amplifier. Each channel can be run separately or switched to "stereo &mdash link ". Due to its inherently quick attack, this Electro-Optical Limiter is a skilled soldier for tracking vocals or individual instruments, although now with the addition of a very useful sidechain high-pass filter that can switch between 100Hz or 200Hz (or OUT) to allow the limiter to ignore heavy bass lines, the ELOP limiter is proving more useful for modern urban music where you don't want the limiter only responding to the loudest "thing" i.e., the BIG bass. If you want the bass line to leave the rest of the mix alone, then this switch is for you!
- ALL-DISCRETE audio path
- Balanced XLR inputs & outputs
- Unbalanced 1/4" inputs & outputs
- Silent conductive plastic input attenuators
- Max. Gain reduction 22db
- Attack time: 10ms for 6db GR
- Release: 2.5 seconds for 6db GR
- BYPASS switches
- Sifam VU METERS
- Meters switch to read OUTPUT or REDUCTION
- STEREO LINK switch
- S/N Ratio: 126dB
- Gain: -2 dB to 12 dB (adjustable)
- Power consumption (120/240VAC): 24 watts
- Factory set for 100V, 120V or 220–240VAC operation for original destination country's mains voltage.
- Operating Mains Voltage changeable with power transformer changeover switch and fuse value change.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50 &tilde 60Hz
- Dimensions: 19" (W)x 1-3/4" (H) x 10" (D)(occupies 1u)
- Shipping weight: 9 lb.
Get an indispensable tool for creating modern music!