Korg Kaossilator Pro+ Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer/Loop Recorder
Sound Enhancers & Exciters
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
KORG's professional dynamic phase synthesizer gets a refreshing update.
The Kaossilator Pro+ takes everything that was great about the Kaossilator Pro and improves upon it. The Kaossilator series makes it easy for anyone to play musical melodies and phrases. Featuring additional new sound programs and drum sounds Kaossilator Pro+ has been supercharged to offer even more variety and exploration. The unique interface allows musical melodies and phrases to be played with ease by simply stroking, tapping, or rubbing the touchpad. Horizontal motions control the pitch; vertical motions control aspects of the tone, such as filter cutoff, feedback, or modulation depth.
The intuitive design and flexibility of the touchpad allows users who are not keyboard players to perform easily. Users can create performances that are rich with tonal changes that could not be produced on a conventional keyboard instrument.
A total of 250 sound programs
The Kaossilator Pro+ is packed with the cutting-edge synth sounds that you have come to expect from Korg. There are 50 additional programs in the Kaossilator Pro+, bringing the total program count to 250!
62 of these sounds are drawn directly from current musical genres, including familiar and extremely useful leads, and synth basses, along with sound effects for DJ use. Of particular note are the 26 drum sounds that have been especially enhanced. Updated drum PCM includes sounds from the acclaimed Wavedrum percussion synth for even greater performance variety.
With just a single Kaossilator Pro+ you can perform hip-hop, chiptune, house, dubstep, new disco, electro, reggaeton, and drum 'n' bass...or create your own genre!
Loop Recording function
Loop Recording can be set for up to four measures (16 beats.) Performances on the Kaossilator Pro+ can be recorded into any of the four onboard internal Loop Recorder Banks. By adding (overdubbing) additional sounds one at a time, you can create amazing looped phrases that range from minimal to fully orchestrated.. The four banks can be combined for virtually infinite performance possibilities. Each of the four loop banks can be muted or un-muted, its volume adjusted, and its loop length changed, making live performance easy for anyone.
The Kaossilator Pro+ provides line inputs and a mic input to allow for the recording of external audio sources as well. This makes it easy to add a vocal, or audio from any external device to any loop phrase created on the Kaossilator Pro+.
Musical Scale, Key, and Note Range help create musical performances
Even if you've never played a musical instrument, the Kaossilator Pro+’s Key and Scale features ensure that the notes being played will match the song being performed. Use the Key setting to specify the musical key or “root.” Choose any of 35 scales, ranging from popular scales such as chromatic, major pentatonic, and minor blues, as well as unusual scales such as Spanish, Ryukyu, and Raga. By using both the Key and Scale settings to match the song, you can play perfect solos without a single wrong note. In addition, the Note Range allows you to specify the range of playable pitches. You can set this to a narrow range to ensure that melodies will be played accurately as you intend, or to an extremely wide range to allow unexpectedly dynamic and unconventional phrases to emerge.
The Gate Arpeggiator function lets you control phrases with complete freedom.
The built-in gate arpeggiator patterns can automatically generate phrases and beats by simply moving a finger across the touchpad. Use the slider to change the gate time and gate speed in real time for cool performances.
Pad LEDs ensure excellent visibility even in the dark.
The pad LEDs light up along the path of your finger, letting you play without difficulty even on a dimly lit stage. The four loop recording LEDs have been changed to a more intuitively obvious illumination pattern than on the Kaossilator Pro, and now light red during recording and green during playback.
- Freely playable synthesizer; simply touch the touchpad to play notes and manipulate sounds in real time
- A total of 250 sound programs (including drum program) cover a wide range of styles, including 62 new programs
- Loop Recording function allows intuitive performance and recording, and 4 infinitely stackable loop banks are available
- Numerous functions for unlimited performance possibilities
- Scale/Key settings make it easy for anyone to perform with no wrong notes
- Note Range function lets you specify the horizontal pitch range of the touchpad
- Gate Arpeggiator function allows you to easily control phrases with the slider
- Pad LEDs ensure excellent visibility even in the dark
- USB MIDI allows use as a powerful MIDI controller
- Store recorded loop data and even externally –made .WAV files on an SD/SDHC card
- Dedicated editor software for centralized management of sample data and settings
Perform and create multi-layered music in any style - with just the touch of a finger. Order today.
Kaossilator Pro+ Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer/Loop Recorder Specifications:
- Number of programs:
- 250 (including 15 effect programs)
- Sound Categories:
- Lead=40 (8), Acoustic=15, Bass=40 (12), Chord=40 (11), SE=30 (5), Drum=30 (10),
- Drum Pattern = 40 (16), Vocoder = 15
- ( ): New or improved functionality is enclosed in parentheses.
- Number of Scales:
- Key setting:
- Main controllers:
- Touch pad, GATE ARP TIME/SPEED slider
- Audio Input:
- Line Input (Stereo RCA pin jack)
- Mic Input (Mono unbalanced 6.3 mm phone Jack)
- Audio Output:
- Line Output (Stereo RCA pin jack)
- Headphone (6.3 mm Stereo phone jack)
- Sampling Frequency:
- 48 kHz
- 24 bit / Linear
- External storage device:
- SD Card (16MB – 2GB), SDHC Card (- 32GB)
- In / Out
- Type B
- Power supply:
- 4-digit LED display
- 210 (W) x 226 (D) x 49 (H*) mm / 8.27” x 8.90” x 1.93"
- *including knob height
- 1.3 kg / 2.87 lbs.
- AC adapter, protective sheet for touch pad
- Operating requirements for “Kaossilator Pro+ Editor”
- With USB ports support “Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8”
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or later) / Vista (SP2 or later, 32bit/64bit) / 7 (SP1 or later, 32bit/64bit) / 8 (32bit/64bit)
- Apple Macintosh computer with USB ports support Mac OS X
- Intel Mac supports
- Later Mac OS X 10.5 or later