Ideal for mid-sized venues!
The VRX928LA is a lightweight, compact 8" two-way line-array speaker system designed for use in arrays of up to six units. VRX928LA is the ideal choice when line-array performance is needed but the venue size doesn't call for the very long-throw characteristics of larger line-arrays such as JBL's VERTECor VRX932LA.
The Constant Curvature waveguide mounts two compression drivers on a continuous arc. When additional VRX928LA speakers are added to the array the uninterrupted arc continues. In effect, all the drivers work together as if they were a single driver on a very long waveguide. Since there are two HF drivers in each VRX928LA speaker, the combined power handling and acoustic output of the system is far greater than a single driver could achieve.
VRX928LA uses "amplitude shading" to shape the coverage of the array. Switches on the input plate allow, for example, the upper box in an array to reach the distant rear of a room while the lower box is shaded back to reduce excessive level at the front of the listening area.
One or two VRX928LAs may also be used on a tripod or over the VRX915S subwoofer. The integral rigging hardware is used to securely lock the array together.
As many as six VRX928LA speaker systems may be suspended in a single array for a nominal vertical coverage of up to 90°. Suspended applications require the JBL VRX928LA-SMAF array frame (available separately). For applications in which the array must be aimed sharply down, a second Array Frame may be installed to the bottom of the array serving as a pull-back.
•Music playback and sound reinforcement in small to mid-size venues
•Entertainers, corporate A/V professionals and sound system hire companies
- JBL's exclusive neodymium magnet Differential Drive woofer for high power capacity and lightweight
- Two patent-pending neodymium HFcompression drivers
- Constant Curvature waveguide forunprecedented array coherence
- Fly combinations of VRX928LA and Subwoofers (VRX915S) with optional array frame (VRX-SMAF)
- Integral rigging hardware for simple connection of enclosures and optional array frame. Arrays of up to six enclosures may be flown
- Dual angle pole socket for aiming flexibility. One or two speakers may be mounted to a 35 mm pole or tripod stand
- Array Configuration Selector permits "array shading" in passive mode.
Order it with our total satisfaction guarantee!
VRX928LA 8" 2-Way Line Array Speaker Cab Specifications:
- Frequency Range: 70 Hz -20 kHz (-10 dB)
- Frequency Response: 87 Hz - 19 kHz (+/-3db)
- Coverage Pattern: 100 degree x 15 degree nominal (horizontal x vertical), single unit
- Crossover Modes: Bi-amp / passive, externally switchable
- Crossover Frequency: 2.0 kHz
- Power Rating (Continuous/Program/Peak): Passive - 400 W/800 W/1600 W; Bi-amp Low Frequency: 400 W/800 W/1600 W; Bi-amp High Frequency 30 W/60 W/120 W
- System Maximum SPL: Passive - 122 dB SPL peak; Low Frequency - 122 dB (bi-amp mode); HF - 128 dB (bi-amp mode)
- System Sensitivity (1w @ 1m: Passive - 90 dB SPL; Low Frequency: 90 dB (bi-amp mode)
- High Frequency: 108 dB (bi-amp mode)
- Low Frequency Driver: 1 x JBL 2168H-1, 8 in (200 mm) Differential Drive woofer
- High Frequency Driver: 2 x JBL 2414H, 1.0 in (25 mm) neodymium compression driver
- Nominal Impedance: Passive - 8 ohm; Bi-amp Low Frequency - 8 ohm; Bi-amp High Frequency: 16 ohm
- Active Tunings: Tunings available at www.jblpro.com
- Enclosure: .59" - .98" (15 mm - 25 mm), multi-ply birch plywood
- Suspension / Mounting: Dual 1.42" (36) mm pole socket included. (Suspension requires optional VRX-SMAF line array frame kit or M10 eyebolts.)
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 18 gauge perforated steel with acoustically 59 transparent black foam backing
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 9.0 in x 16.5 in x 10.5 in (230 mm x 419 mm x 267 mm)
- Net Weight: 28 lb (12.7 kg)