This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
A 15" woofer, 1.5" compression driver, and 1000W Class D, Crown digital amp in a single, compact enclosure.
Though the 2-way 15" is the most recognizable form of portable PA loudspeakers, offering the perfect balance between size and performance, the PRX615M is an exception because it is smaller, powerful, versatile, and more lightweight than most of its peers.
The performance and asymmetrical design make the PRX615M a perfect choice for musicians, entertainers, and DJs when portability is key, or when hung by the suspension points, an exceptional light-duty installation speaker. All PRX600 Series speakers were designed to excel in sound reinforcement where challenging audio environments and loud volumes are the norm. For applications requiring full bandwidth sound reproduction, the PRX615M delivers the optimum balance. For live music, recorded music playback, and speech, the user has the option of tailoring the EQ, 'flat' for speech intelligibility, and 'boost' for enhanced bass and crisp highs in recorded music playback. A microphone can be directly connected to the speaker input for quick PA applications. Coupled with a PRX600 sub-woofer (sold separately) the system becomes an efficient, full-range sound system.
The PRX615M is comprised of a 380mm (15") 265F Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer, a 2408H-1 37.5mm (1.5") annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by 1000W (dual 500W) Crown Class-D power amplifier. A propriety DSP chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, crossover functionality, dynamic limiting, and discrete component optimization.
All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, lightweight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL's tour-proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16-gauge steel and handles are made from lightweight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14-gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 pounds each.
The amplifier input panel offers XLR or 1/4" jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.
- Maximum SPL Output 135db peak
- 380 mm (15") Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- 37.5mm (1.5") annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium magnet compression driver
- 1000W (dual 500W Class-D, Crown digital amplifier
- DSP input section with dbx Type IV limiter circuit, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- Professional XLR line and 1/4" Mic/Instrument inputs, with loop through
- Integrated 36mm dual-angle polemount socket
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip for maximum comfort
Quality sound at a quality price for your live setup. Order today!
PRX615M 15" 2-Way Active PA Speaker - Single Specifications:
- System type: Self-powered 15", two-way, bass-reflex
- Maximum SPL output: Full Range: 135 dB peak
- Monitor: 134dB peak
- Frequency range (-10dB): Full Range: 45Hz – 19kHz
- Monitor: 48Hz – 20kHz
- Frequency response (±3dB): Full Range: 54Hz – 18kHz
- Monitor: 60Hz – 18kHz
- Coverage pattern: 90° x 50° nominal
- Amp design: Crown Class D
- Power rating: 1000 W ( 2 x 500 )
- Dimension (HxWxD): 660mm x 429mm x 414mm ( 26.0" x 16.9" x 16.3")
- Net weight: 19.7kg (43.5lb.)