JBL Control SB-2 10" Stereo Input Dual Coil Subwoofer BlackProduct #600192 JBL 600192 YAFB Installed Speakers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
10" subwoofer for fixed indoor/outdoor installations.
The Control SB-2 subwoofer provides low-frequency reinforcement in subwoofer/satellite systems. The Control SB-2 is ideal for foreground music and music/paging systems in restaurants, retail establishments, theme bars, music cafes, health clubs, and other indoor applications. The unique slot-load vented design provides acoustic low-pass filtering. Compared to traditional bandpass subwoofers, the JBL SB-2 subwoofer offers superior musical clarity and bass impact. The satellite outputs are high-pass filtered, reducing overall system distortion by eliminating the need for the satellite speakers to reproduce frequencies in the low bass range. The satellites operate more efficiently, maintaining excellent midrange clarity and realism in music and paging. The high-pass filtering also allows a greater number of satellite speakers to be paralleled in the system by increasing the impedance the amplifier sees in the subwoofer range. The stereo inputs are 8 ohms each. The combination of the satellite high-pass filtering, the acoustic slot load filtering and a built-in second order low-pass crossover network results in smoother overall system frequency response and virtually eliminates the muddiness typical of other subwoofer/satellite systems by reducing frequency overlap in the low midrange.
You can't go wrong with speakers from the company whose name is synonymous with cinema sound and was voted number one in the recording industry in 1976 (the heyday of recording) by studio professionals. Today, JBL monitors are used by Grammy winners such as Frank Fillipetti (Ray Charles, Korn, Billy Joel, Kiss) and Nate Kunkel (B.B. King, Sting, Crystal Method, Maroon 5).
- Component: 10" (250 mm) dual voice coil transducer
- Stereo inputs with high-pass outputs for satellite speakers
- Slot-load vented bandpass design
- Complements full-range Control Contractor Series systems
Control SB-2 10" Stereo Input Dual Coil Subwoofer Specifications:
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 38 Hz-160 Hz
- Continuous Program Power Capacity: 340 Watts (both inputs driven); 170 Watts (each input) x 2
- Sensitivity: 100 dB (1 W, 1 m) at corner junction (pi/2 loading); 97 dB, at two boundary junction (pi loading)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms per input; 4 ohms total with both inputs paralleled
- Network Filter to Subwoofer: 12 dB/oct low-pass (per input), 160 Hz
- Acoustic Filtering: 6 dB/oct low-pass filtering via slot-load design, 80Hz
- Network Filter to Satellite Outputs: 6 dB/oct high-pass (per output)
- Satellite Impedance: 4-ohm load per Satellite Output recommended
- Optimum System Configuration: Four JBL Control 23 satellite speakers (two on each SB-2 satellite output) provide optimum sensitivity balance and impedance loading, resulting in full-range 38 Hz - 22 kHz system performance. Broadband impedance is 4-ohm per input x2 channels
- Driver: 10" (250 mm) long-throw with dual voice coils
- Enclosure Material: Particle Board
- Terminations: Spring terminals, accepts banana plugs. Left In, Right In, Left Satellite Out, and Right Satellite Out
- Installation Accessories: MTC-SB2W for installing SB-2 onto a wall or into a corner, MTC-SB2C for suspending SB-2 from ceiling
- Dimensions: 5.5"H x 23"W x 13.5"D (394x585x343mm)
- Net Weight: 42 lbs. (19.1 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 5o lbs. (22.7 kg)