JBL Control 28T-60 High-Output Indoor/Outdoor Background/Foreground Speaker BlackProduct #600177 JBL 600177 YAFB Installed Speakers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
8" full-fidelity speaker for fixed indoor/outdoor installations with transformer isolation to eliminate AC hum.
The Control 28T is one of the largest of JBL Professional's Control Contractor Series indoor/outdoor loudspeakers. Its rich sonic character makes the Control 28T a perfect choice for restaurants, health clubs, under balcony, outdoor theme & water parks, or other applications where foreground/background music and paging are required. The Control 28T can be used in either 70.7V or 100V distributed-line sound systems. Taps are provided at 60W, 30W and 15W (plus a 7.5W tap for use on 70.7V systems only).
The unique InvisiBall mounting hardware makes short work of permanent installation. The InvisiBall mounting method adds the benefit of vertical rotation of up to ±37° and horizontal rotation of up to ±44°. Because InvisiBall adjustments are made through a hidden access behind the logo badge, the grille never needs to be removed, while providing a high degree of theft deterrence as well.
Weather resistance is maximized by coating the woofer cone in polypropylene and terminating its circumference in JBL's WeatherEdge, a seamless, rubberized extension of the woofer surround that provides added protection to critical transducer elements. The polycarbonate tweeter diaphragm is reinforced with a thin film of titanium for added rigidity and endurance against sun, salt and moisture. Zinc-plated grilles resist rusting in the harshest conditions.
You can't go wrong with speakers from the company whose name is synonymous with cinema sound and was voted number one in the recording industry in 1976 (the heyday of recording) by studio professionals. Today, JBL monitors are used by Grammy winners such as Frank Fillipetti (Ray Charles, Korn, Billy Joel, Kiss) and Nate Kunkel (B.B. King, Sting, Crystal Method, Maroon 5).
- Isolation transformer for 70.7V/100V distributed-line sound systems
- Components: 8" polypropylene-coated woofer, 1" titanium-coated horn-loaded tweeter
- Built-in InvisiBall mounting hardware
- Weather-resistant enclosure and transducers
- Readily paintable
- 90° x 90° high-frequency horn
- Overload protection circuitry
Control 28T-60 High-Output Indoor/Outdoor Background/Foreground Speaker Specifications:
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 55Hz to 15kHz
- Power Capacity: Components and Network: 175 Watts Continuous Program
- Transformer: Per each listed tap rating (IEC pink noise, 100 hrs)
- Tap Settings: 100V Line: Tap 1 = 15W, Tap 2 = 30W, Tap 3 = 60W, Tap 4 is not used/70V Line: Tap 1 = 7.5W, Tap 2 =15W, Tap 3 = 30W, Tap 4 = 60W
- Nominal Max Output by Tap: Tap #1=99 dB (70.7V input)/102 dB (100V input), Tap #2=102 dB/105 dB, Tap #3=105 dB/107 dB, Tap #4=107 dB/do not use
- Nominal Coverage: 90° x 90°
- Directivity Factor (Q): 7.5
- Directivity Index (DI): 8.8
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8 kHz
- LFDriver: 8" (200mm) polypropylene cone with WeatherEdge
- HF Driver: 1" (25mm) titanium-coated polycarbonate
- Enclosure Material: HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene)
- Overload Protection: Full-Range power limiting to protect network and transducers
- Termination: Spring terminals, accepts banana plug
- Safety Agency Rating: Transformer UL1876 recognized
- Environmental: Conforms to Mil Spec 810 for humidity, salt spray, temperature & UV. IEC 529 IP-X4 splashproof rating
- Dimensions: 15"H x 11"W x 8.6"D (380x280x220mm)
- Net Weight (ea): 14.3 lbs. (6.5 kg)
- Shipping Weight (pair): 33 lbs. (15 kg)
- Included Accessories: InvisiBall Assembly, 6x180mm hex key