Weather and theft resistant.
The Control 29AV-1 provides improved voicing for extremely flat, high fidelity performance, extended bandwidth and well-controlled defined coverage from a compact loudspeaker. The rotatable high-frequency horn allows use of the speaker in either vertical or horizontal orientation. Consistent coverage ensures excellent sound character throughout the listening area. Moderate magnetic shielding allows use of the speaker as close as 9" (230 mm) to video monitors. The top-quality line distribution transformer, designed for minimal insertion loss and reduced saturation, allows use of either 70V or 100V distributed speaker lines. In bypass position, the 8-ohm impedance allows use of multiple speakers on a loudspeaker line.
The InvisiBall mounting method is simple to install, aims easily and provides a high degree of theft deterrence. InvisiBall allows horizontal rotation of up to 41° off-axis and vertical rotation of up to 36° (horn end inward) or 23° (woofer end inward).
Weather resistance has been maximized in the Control 29AV-1 speaker. The woofer's cone is made of kevlar, surround is pure butyl rubber, and the driver basket is rear loaded to minimize direct exposure. The compression driver's diaphragm is pure titanium. The grille is thermoset composite-coated and comes with foam to minimize incursion of water. Nickel/zinc rust-resistant terminals ensure a secure input connection. An MTC-PC2 sealed-entrance cover is included to further protect the speaker's terminals.
JBL's exclusive SonicGuard overload protection is virtually inaudible to the listener, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound.
You can't go wrong with speakers from the company whose name is synonymous with cinema sound and was voted number one in the recording industry in 1976 (the heyday of recording) by studio professionals. Today, JBL monitors are used by Grammy winners such as Frank Fillipetti (Ray Charles, Korn, Billy Joel, Kiss) and Nate Kunkel (B.B. King, Sting, Crystal Method, Maroon 5).
- Extremely smooth, flat frequency response with extended bandwidth
- 110° x 85° HF coverage, rotatable horn
- 110-Watt transformer for 70V or 100V lines, with 8 ohms through
- SonicGuard overload protection
- 8" (200mm) Kevlar cone woofer, 1" (25mm) titanium diaphragm compression driver
- InvisiBall mounting hardware
- Ten 6mm attachment points for suspension and optional U-bracket
- Sealed input panel cover and screw-down input terminals
Order today with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees!
C29AV-1 Control 2-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speaker Specifications:
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 37 Hz — 18 kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 43 Hz — 15 kHz
- 100-Hour Power Capacity: 300 Watts Continuous Program Power, 150 Watts Continuous Pink Noise
- Maximum SPL @ 1m3: Short-Term: 118 dB; Long-Term: 112 dB
- Nominal Sensitivity (half-space average 100 Hz to 10 kHz): 90 dB, 1W @ 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 110°H x 85°V, rotatable
- Directivity Factor (Q): 6.7, averaged 500 Hz to 16 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI): 8.3 dB, averaged 500 Hz to 16 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 6.3 ohms @ 230 Hz 3.3 ohms @ 4.1 kHz
- Crossover Type: 3rd order High Pass, 2nd order Low Pass with impedance compensation, 2.5 kHz crossover frequency
- Transformer Taps: 70V: 110W, 55W, 28W & 14W; 100V: 110W, 55W, & 28W; through position: 8 ohms nominal
- Low Frequency: 8" (200mm) kevlar cone with pure butyl rubber surround, 2" (50mm) voicecoil on fiberglass former
- High Frequency: 1" (25mm) compression driver, pure titanium diaphragm with patented JBL diamond surround
- Enclosure Material: High impact polystyrene
- Grille: Thermoset composite-coated steel
- Overload Protection: Full-range power limiting to protect network and transducers. Serviceable internal fuse to protect during extreme overload conditions
- Environmental: IEC 529 IP-X4 splashproof rating. Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt spray, temperature & UV. Passes Mil-Std-202F for salt spray.
- Termination: Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper base, nickel-plated metal screws/washers. Accepts up to 9mm outside 4mm inside open lug (#6, #8 or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG/2.5 mm)
- Safety Agency Rating: Transformer is listed per UL1876
- Dimensions: 20.5"H x 12"W x 10.9"D (520x306x277mm)
- Net Weight (each): 26.8 lbs. (12.2 kg)
- Shipping Weight (each): 30.8 lbs. (14.0 kg)
- Included Accessories: 1-piece MTC-PC2 input panel cover, InvisiBall mounting base, 6x260mm hex wrench
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about JBL C29AV-1 Control 2-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speaker:
Install 3 of them in the small church as central cluster paring with custom subwoofers. Great coverage, clean flat sound with a little dip in high mid range that makes it sound softer but not muffled. Very well padded inside, doesnt have this boxiness common for plastic enclosures. A little low on sensitivity. Sound stays clean even on high volume. If used without subs, very clean bass. Sound almost like studio reference monitors. Rotating horn is very useful feature provides versatility for different types of installation to achieve wide coverage. If speaker flied horizontally by using two factory mounting holes, it tilts to the side because it is not properly balanced (the LF drive side is heavier). Overall good speaker, durable construction and nice quality sound.