IK Multimedia iRig PRE Mic Pre for iOS Devices
iOS Audio/MIDI Interfaces
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
Rebate Offer Available!
IK Multimedia - Buy One, Get One FREE!
Buy and register any IK Hardware and Software title, get another IK Software title of equal or lesser value of your choice for FREE. See PDF for details.
- - Offer Expires 08/31/16
- Download rebate
Plug any one of your favorite mics into this universal iOS preamp, and start recording.
IK Multimedia has created a solution for integrating any type of microphone with any iOS device, and that solution is the iRig PRE. The iRig PRE gives you ultimate flexibility in mobile recording with your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, allowing you to connect any type of microphone from regular stage dynamic types, to professional studio-quality condensers, giving you an extremely wide range of options.
iRig PRE is the first high-quality microphone preamp designed specifically for iOS devices that allows musicians to use their favorite high-quality stage or studio mics with their iOS device. You simply plug-in your favorite microphone directly into the standard XLR connector of iRig PRE with no need for extra cables or adapters.
Its adjustable thumbwheel gain control allows the user to easily make precise level settings. The onboard 9V battery provides the necessary voltage for phantom-powered studio condenser microphones allowing up to 15 hours of continuous use. The 3.5mm (1/8") standard stereo headphone output allows monitoring while recording, and the lightweight housing sports a convenient cable for iOS device connection. The iRig PRE also includes a Velcro strip slot for easy mounting on a mic stand or other stage locations.
Like all other IK Multimedia microphones, it includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder (an easy-to-use recording/editing app) and VocaLive (an effects processing app for singers). And like the entire range of iRig accessories, it's highly portable thanks to its pocket-sized form factor for recording anywhere.
- 40 cm (15.75") TRRS cable to connect to any iOS device headset jack
- XLR input connector for microphones
- Gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- Headphone output
- On/Off switch
- Power/Phantom Power provided by 9V battery
- Battery life is approximately 40 hours with dynamic microphones and 15 hours with phantom powered condenser studio microphones
- Includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers.
Any mic, anytime, anywhere. Order the iRig PRE for your iOS device today.
iRig PRE Mic Pre for iOS Devices Specifications:
- iRig PRE is compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod touch (4th, 3rd and 2nd generation), iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2 and iPad. They all require iOS 3.1.3 or later.
iRig PRE does not support 1st generation iPod touch models, due to their lack of a mic input.