Innovative digital DJ controller with new “AIR” technology, digital effects at the wave of your hand.
The new Hercules DJ AIR Control DJ controller has taken the next-step in digital controllers, and has incorporated innovative technology that gives you the ability to affect the mix with just a wave of your hand. The DJ AIR Control has a unique set of features that makes this a fresh new take on digital DJ controllers available today. This is an great beginning controller if you are new to DJing, since there are multiple beat detection aids built-in.
Mixing is in the air
AIR, or "Adjustment by InfraRed," is a totally new control for computer DJ mixing consoles. The infrared proximity sensor built into the unit lets you control your choice of function (volume level, effects, etc.) without touching the controller. All you need to do is simply by move your outstretched hand above the sensor, and you will be adding a completely different style to your DJ set. The AIR control will work regardless of the ambient lighting, allowing you to modulate a software setting quickly and intuitively no matter where you are entertaining.
Let’s scratch and set the mood
Thanks to its two pressure-detecting jog wheels, DJ Control AIR is designed with scratch DJ’s in mind. The jog wheels, each 4" in diameter, detect the pressure exerted by the user’s hand and results in a natural, hands-on vinyl feel when scratching. Ideal for learning and perfecting scratch techniques, just like on professional DJ hardware. The jog wheels also allow for easy control of the pitch bend function, as well as browsing through playlists.
8 touchpads with progressive sensors
In the style of celebrity DJs, Hercules has included 2 sets of 4 progressive pads for users looking to control sounds with a minimum of gestures. These pads transmit a command and its velocity, to control loops, samples or effects. Just tap your finger on a pad to play an effect, for example: the pad lights up when touched, and transmits not only the On/Off command, but a gradual command as well. This lets the user easily vary the attack of a sound sample, or its volume, or modulate the amplitude of an effect. The backlit pads, along with the lighting on the other controls, allow for easy viewing even in low-light or dark conditions.
A VU meter that displays the beats
DJ Control AIR includes a VU meter displaying beats composed of 2 lines of 4 LEDs. Each line displays the beats in a track, allowing you to see at a glance whether the beats are in sync, without having to look at the computer screen. This way, you can stay focused on the crowd and less on your computer.
Hercules DJ Control AIR is the versatile, innovative digital DJ controller that lets amateur DJs get mixing right away: all you need is a computer, headphones and speakers, and you’re ready to go.
- 2-Deck DJ controller with pressure detection jog wheels, ideal for scratching
- Innovative AIR control allows you to effect certain parameters without ever touching the controller
- DJ Control Air converts the distance to your hand into a MIDI command, which can control volume level, effects, and more
- 8 touchpads with progressive sensors that transmit a command and its velocity, to control loops, samples or effects
- Multiple audio outputs, 1/8” stereo output for the mix and 1/4” stereo output for headphone monitoring
- Includes a copy of DJUCED DJ software
Conjure up some mixing magic with just one simple wave of your hand, order AIR control technology today.
DJ Control AIR Specifications:
- Casing dimensions (WxHxD): 13-3/4” x 1-3/16” x 8-5/8”
- Jog wheels: 3.94 " / 10 cm diameter
- Weight: 3.1 lb. / 1.4 kg
- USB cable: Attached
- Box Contents:
- Hercules DJ Control Air
- Installation CD-ROM (PC/Mac) with PC/Mac DJ software
- Printed installation guide + online manual
- Minimum Configuration:
- Computer with 1.5 GHz CPU or faster
- 1 GB RAM or more
- Powered USB port
- 100 MB available hard disk space
- CD/DVD-ROM drive
- Internet access
- Amplified stereo speakers and headphones
- Operating System (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7
- Mac OS 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7 on Core Duo Mac