The Grace Design model m801 8-Channel Studio Preamp delivers unmatched audio performance — with massive headroom and ultra-wide bandwidth which contribute to a markedly open, musical character. The m801 is designed to effortlessly resolve even the lowest level ambient information, resulting in a sonic picture of astonishing clarity and detail, which serves to capture the essential character of the music being recorded.
The m801's signal path has been hot-rodded to be fully balanced from start to finish, resulting in wider dynamic range, while new higher current output drivers enable even longer cable runs without signal loss. Included on each channel is a dedicated ribbon microphone switch, which shifts the preamplifier's entire gain range up 10dB while deactivating 48V phantom power and bypassing the decoupling capacitors. And we've added an additional set of 8 channel balanced outputs for sending signals to a secondary recorder, workstation or console.
While its predecessor now takes its place in pro audio history, the new m801 faithfully furthers the tradition of breathtaking audio performance and perfect reliability in a beautiful and functional 8 channel package.
- redesigned, fully balanced, transformerless design
- all new, higher-current outputs drive even longer cable runs
- new ribbon mic mode switch
- fast, musical transimpedance amplifier architecture
- precision 24 position gold contact rotary switch gain controls
- 48V phantom power, 20 dB attenuator and phase reverse
- no electrolytic capacitors in the signal path
- sealed gold contact relays for all signal switching
- larger, two color, bi-phase LED peak indicator
- regulated linear power supply with custom wound toroidal transformer
- highest quality components used throughout
- five year warranty on parts and labor