Golden Age Project Pre-73 Preamp MKII
Golden Age Project
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
One-channel, low-cost preamp with fully discrete signal path similar to the venerable Neve 1073.
With circuitry based on the venerable Neve 1073 preamp, considered among the best-sounding preamps of all time, the Golden Age Project PRE-73 MKII version delivers the same vintage sound with lower noise and wider dynamic range. It also features a rear-panel 1/4" insert send/return jack, plus the gain control now operates clockwise for higher gain.
The Golden Age Project PRE-73 Mk2 is the first one-channel low-cost preamp on the market that is using a fully discrete signal path with three separate transformers for the balanced mic input, the line input and the output.
The circuit is very similar to the classical preamp section of the Neve 1073 pre/eq module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. This classical sound has been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres.
The PRE-73 has a maximum gain of 80dB on the mic input and the gain range on the Line input is -20 to + 10dB. There is also a high-impedance instrument input.
The PRE-73 is perfect for almost any signal source, no matter if it's a microphone with a high or low sensitivity (like a passive ribbon mic), a syntheziser or sound module or an electric guitar or bass.
The input impedance of the microphone input can be switched between 300 and 1200 ohm, which makes it possible to affect the tone of most microphones. There is also phase switch and an simple 4-step LED signal level meter.
The output level control makes it possible to make fine gain adjustments and also to overload the main gain stage for more character and then lower the signal to a suitable level before the output stage.
- Vintage Style electronics. No intergrated circuits in the signal path
- Maximum gain on the mic input is 80 dB, enough to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sources
- Gain range Line input: -20 to + 10 dB
- Switchable impedance mic input: 1200 or 300 Ohms, will change the tone of most mics
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase
- High-impedance instrument input for any sound module, electric guitar or bass
- Simple but effective 4-step LED output level meter
- Output level control makes it possible to make fine gain adjustments and also to overload the main gain stage(s) for more character and then lower the signal to a suitable level before the output stage
- Combo XLR/TRS input jacks and separate output XLR and TRS jacks for flexible connections.
- Insert jack for inserting EQÂ´s and other units.
- Selectable 600 ohm output termination.
- External high-power power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers
Okay, it's not a Neve, or even a Neve Campbell, but it does deliver the audio goods. Order today!