Golden Age Project Pre-573 MKII 500-Series Preamp
Golden Age Project
500 Series Gear
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
500-Series version of the Golden Age Pre-73.
The Golden Age Pre-573 MKII is a refreshing update, with a lower noise floor and greater dynamic range. The 500-Series Pre-73 MKII provides a low cost alternative to microphone pre-amplification featuring a fully discrete signal path by utilizing separate transformers for the balanced mic input, the line input and the output. Similar to the circuit you would find in the Neve 1073 preamp/EQ with a remarkably similar output.
The versatile sound of the Golden Age Pre-573 MKII works incredibly with most sound sources and in most genres. The Golden Age Project Pre-573 MKII has a maximum gain of 80 dB on the mic input and the gain range on the Line input is -20 to + 10 dB.
- Made for 500-Series racks
- Vintage Style electronics, no intergrated circuits in the signal path
- Enough gain to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sources
- GAIN/LINE mode switch, gain is reduced by 30 dB in LINE mode
- Selectable two position high frequency AIR boost eq, 3 or 6 dB @ 30 kHz
- Selectable 6 dB/octave two frequency high pass filter
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Switchable impedance in MIC mode
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase
- A high-impedance instrument input
- A simple but effective 4-step LED output level meter
- Combo XLR/TRS input jack and separate output XLR and TRS jacks
- Insert jack for inserting EQs and other units
- The pcb is prepared for the Carnhill input transformer
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
Call or click to order today!