Golden Age Project Pre-573 Microphone PreampProduct #H94741 Golden Age Project H94741 YFW 500 Series Gear https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Single-channel, vintage-style preamp for the 500 Series rack format.
The PRE-573 is a one-channel vintage style microphone, line and instrument preamplifier. The signal path uses only discrete components like resistors, capacitors and transistors. The microphone and line input and the line output are transformer balanced, using two different transformers, each one optimized for its purpose.
This is the way audio components were built before integrated circuits became available. The subjective sound quality delivered by vintage equipment is often prefered over the one delivered by modern units, a situation that is even more obvious now when music is recorded with clean sounding digital audio equipment.
The circuit used in the PRE-573 is similar to the preamp section in the classical 1073 module with a cor- responding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
- Vintage Style electronics, no integrated circuits in the signal path
- Transformer balanced, fully floating output
- Enough mic gain to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sources
- Total gain range from -15 to +80 dB
- Switchable impedance on mic input, 1200 or 300 ohms
- Switchable phantom power with a LED indicator
- A flexible front panel instrument input for additional sound sources
- Make fine gain adjustments and overload the main gain stage(s) for more character
- Insert jack for inserting Golden Age Project 500 Series effect units
- Phase switch
- Selectable AIR equalizer adds a small boost above 10 kHz
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Selectable 600 ohm Output Termination at the back of the module
- Circuit board star grounding scheme
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
Add the PRE-573 to your 500 Series rack today.