Glyph PortaGig 50 SSD Portable Solid-State Hard DriveProduct #H84063 Glyph H84063 YPB Hard Drives https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Eliminate mechanical failures with this high-performance portable hard drive.
PortaGig 50 SSD has a distinct advantage over standard 2.5” HDDs since it's made of solid-state memory, and therefore eliminates the possibility of mechanical failure resulting from vibration, shock, and heat. In remote production situations, this means your PortaGig 50 SSD can operate reliably for more hours, in hotter environments, and under rougher conditions.
Why wait for a traditional hard disk drive to spin up? With no moving parts on the solid-state drive, it has near-instantaneous read access time. While a conventional HDD must wait for the rotation of the disk to bring the required sector under the read/write head (rotational delay), and for the access arm to reach the desired disk track (seek time), an SSD delivers your data almost immediately.
Quiet and Green
Absolutely no noise is generated from the PortaGig 50 SSD, and much less power is needed for operation, which means less heat is generated as well. This also provides substantial weight savings.
Performance in an Audio Environment
PortaGig 50 SSD drives have extremely fast access speeds, making them a perfect match for remote audio and video work. In an audio environment, you'll experience extremely high playback performance, even at high edit density. The PortaGig 50 SSD can record up to 40 tracks of 48kHz / 24-bit audio simultaneously.
Designed with a fanless, aluminum enclosure, PortaGig 50 SSD is bus powered and extremely light. If bus power is not available or is insufficient, you can use the included power supply. Weighing 8 ounces, it has two FireWire 800 ports, one eSATA port, and one USB 2.0 port, a rear power switch, and is designed around the industry-proven Oxford 934 chip.
Built-in ECC (Error Correction Code) functionality ensures highly reliable data transfer, while wear leveling technology redirects writes to lesser-used locations, ensuring a longer life span and data-retention.
- Available in 120GB, 160GB, 300GB, and 600GB sizes
- Solid-state memory eliminates the possibility of mechanical failure from vibration, shock, and heat
- Near-instantaneous read access time
- Low power draw and no noise operation
- Perfect match for remote audio and video work
- Connections include 2 FireWire 800 ports, 1 eSATA port, and 1 USB 2.0 port
- Longer life span and data-retention
Avoid the trauma of a drive crash; get solid-state memory for your sessions today.
PortaGig 50 SSD Portable Solid-State Hard Drive Specifications:
- Capacities: 120GB | 160GB | 300GB | 600GB
- Memory Type: Multi-level cell (MLC) flash memory
- Interface connectivity:
- (2) FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) 9-pin ports
- (1) USB 2.0 Hi-speed (device-side) port
- (1) eSATA 3Gbit/s port
- Bridging chipset: Oxford 934
- Average seek time: 0.1ms
- Maximum transfer rate (eSATA port): 3 Gbit/s (300MB/sec)
- Dimensions (HxWxD)
- Product: 4.8" x 1" x 3.6"
- Packaging: 10.5" x 2.4" x 6.8"
- Product: .4lb. / .2 kg
- With pkg: 2lb. / .9 kg
- Operating temperature: 0°C to +70°C
- Power Supply: External Universal 100-240v 50/60 Hz
- Compatible Operating Systems
- Apple OS 8.6, 9.X, 10.X
- Microsoft Windows 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista, 7
- Modern Unix-based, Linux, or BSD
- Inside The Box
- FireWire 800 (9-pin to 9-pin) cable
- A to Mini-B USB Cable. (Y-cable, uses two USB ports for necessary power)
- Universal AC external power supply
- Full 3 Years
- 1 Year Overnight Advance Replace (U.S. 48 States only)
- 2 Years Free Basic Data Recovery