Open Box (Fair - Needs Repair) Glyph PortaGig 50 FireWire/USB 2.0/E Sata External Hard Drive
(500GB, 5400 RPM 889406359468)
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
FireWire, USB 2.0, eSATA connectivity for speed, flexibility, and portability.
The Glyph PortaGig 50 external hard drive builds on the success of the PortaGig 800, and adds a couple cool new features. Bus-powered with FireWire 800 or USB for optimum compatibility, the PortaGig 50 includes an eSATA port to give you up to 100MB/s, super-fast performance. While eSATA is not a bus-powered interface, you can use the eSATA connection for data transfer while simultaneously using the FireWire 800 connection to power the drive. Glyph includes an external power supply with the PortaGig 50 just in case bus power is not available.
Despite it's tiny footprint, the PortaGig 50 drive supports high-track count audio sessions and bandwidth-intensive video. The hard drive's included Glyph Manager software constantly monitors the drive and enclosure health, notifying you if there is a problem, allowing you to work on the road easily and reliably.
- Designed for field recording, moving audio, video, graphics, and prepress files
- Connects by FireWire 800, USB, or eSATA
- Tested and approved to be be qualified with Digidesign Pro Tools to support over 70 tracks of 24-bit/48k audio, with edits
- Glyph Manager reports the drive's health and temperature, and notifies you if your drive needs attention
- Rear power switch
- Uses an Oxford 934 chip
- Small, portable, aluminum case
- Fanless design
- Stainless steel face plate
- Universal power supply Carrying sleeve
- 3-year full warranty, 2 years of Free Level I Data Recovery, and 1 Year of Free Overnight Advance Replacement
- Inside The Box
- FireWire 800 (9-pin to 9-pin) cable
- A to Mini-B USB Cable. (Y-cable, uses two USB ports for necessary power)
- Universal AC external power supply
- Glyph Manager Software installer disk
PortaGig 50 FireWire/USB 2.0/E Sata External Hard Drive Specifications:
- Compatible Operating Systems
Apple OS: 8.6, 9.X, 10.X
PC: Microsoft Windows 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista, 7
Modern Unix-based, Linux, or BSD
Capacities: 160GB or 250GB
Rotational speed (RPM): Choice of 7,200RPM or 5,400RPM disks
Interface connectivity: (2) FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) 9-pin ports, (1) USB 2.0 Hi-speed (device-side) port, (1) eSATA 3GB/s port
Bridging chipset: Oxford 934
Average seek time: 8ms
Maximum transfer rate (eSATA port): 3 GB/s (300MB/sec)
Cache size: 8MB
Dimensions (HxWxD): 1" x 4.8" x 3.6"
Weight: .5lb. (.3kg)