Glyph Porta Gig 62 Portable RAID Hard drive 7200RPM Portable RAID Bus PWRProduct #H72518 Glyph H72518 YPB Hard Drives https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
Production-quality portable RAID with capacities up to 3TB, plus FireWire 800, USB 2.0, and eSATA host connectivity.
Glyph PortaGig 62 is modeled after it's powerful big brother the GT 062E, and offers capacities up to 3TB in a tiny footprint. With two internal SATA drives available in 7,200 and 5,400 RPM, the PortaGig 62 supports RAID 0, RAID 1, and Spanning modes. A built-in fan keeps the drives cool while Glyph Manager software constantly monitors the drive and enclosure health, notifying you if there is a problem. With capacities from 500GB, 1TB, and 1.5TBm, you will have more than enought room to back-up large sessions.
Bus-powered with FireWire 800, the PortaGig 62 also includes USB and eSATA ports for optimum compatibility, allowing you to easily work on the road with a reliable RAID. Although eSATA is not a bus-powered interface, you can use the eSATA connection for fast data transfer (up to 177MB/s) while simultaneously using the FireWire 800 connection to power the drive. An external power supply is included with the PortaGig 62 if bus power is not available or is insufficient.
A cool drive is a healthy drive
The PortaGig 62 uses a quiet internal fan for maximum airflow and proper cooling. The case is designed with front-panel ventilation holes to draw cool air in, while exhausting warm air out the back - critical to the performance and reliability of the components.
3-2-1 warranty: best in the Industry
Glyph is so confident that their drive systems will perform at the most reliable level, they back them up with a 3-Year warranty, 2-Year Free Basic Data Recovery Policy, and 1-Year Advance Replacement (U.S. Continental 48 States only).
Health Monitoring built in
If a drive in your PortaGig 62 experiences an issue, Glyph Manager software will warn you before it becomes a real problem. Along with setting the RAID mode, Glyph Manager constantly monitors Glyph drives using S.M.A.R.T. (industry-standard drive diagnostics), and reports the health to you. If a problem is detected, the front LED will blink red, and Glyph Manager software will alert you, allowing you to backup your data before any is lost. No other desktop drive has a diagnostic utility as smart as Glyph Manager.
Designed and tested in the USA
First Glyph selects the highest quality components available, then assemble the drives in their US factory, and perform regimented testing on every unit before it ships to you.
*There is a current limitation with large volumes in Windows. PortaGig 62 does not show up correctly in Windows while connected via eSATA (Models above 2TB). Go to Glyph's knowledgebase for more information.
**There is a current limitation with Pro Tools and volume size. Pro Tools does not support record or playback on volumes larger than 2TB. Go to Glyph's knowledgebase for more information.
***Older versions of Windows, such as 2000 and XP 32-bit, use Master Boot Record which doesn't support volumes larger than 2TB. When the total capacity of the RAID is 2TB or higher, you must format the array using GPT in Windows. Go to Glyph's knowledgebase for more information.
- Portable Dual HDD - 5,400 and 7,200 RPM
- eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 2.0
- RAID 0, RAID 1, and Spanning drive modes
- FireWire bus-powered
- 500GB, 1TB, 1.5TB Capacities
Don't lose months of work or impossible-to-replace creative flashes. Order this compact RAID solution today.
Porta Gig 62 Portable RAID Hard drive 7200RPM Portable RAID Bus PWR Specifications:
- Compatible Operating Systems:
- Apple OS 8.6, 9.X, 10.X
- Microsoft Windows 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista, 7
- Modern Unix-based, Linux, or BSD
- Older versions of Windows, such as 2000 and XP 32-bit, use Master Boot Record which doesn't support volumes larger than 2TB. When the total capacity of the RAID is 2TB or higher, you must format the array using GPT in Windows. GPT format is only supported by Windows XP 64-bit Edition, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X; GPT format will not work with XP 32-bit or older Windows operating systems. If you want to use Windows 2000 and/or XP 32-bit, you'll need to run the PortaGig 62 in RAID 1 mode because RAID 1 creates a usable volume that is half the total capacity (1.5TB for the 3TB).
- Capacities: 500GB, 1TB, 1.5TB
- Rotational speed (RPM):
- - 20GB - 1TB: (7,200 RPM or 5,400 RPM)
- - 1.2TB, 2TB and 3TB: (5,400 RPM only)
- Interface connectivity:
- - 2 FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) 9-pin ports
- - 1 USB 2.0 Hi-speed (device-side) port
- - 1 eSATA 3Gbit/s port
- Bridging chipset: Oxford 936
- Software selectable drive modes: RAID 0, RAID 1, Spanning
- Average seek time: 8ms
- Maximum transfer rate (eSATA port): 3 Gbit/s (300MB/sec)
- Sustained transfer rate (1TB 7,200 RPM, RAID 0): FireWire 800 port: Read - 76MB/s, Write - 71MB/s; eSATA port: Read - 177MB/s, Write - 178MB/s
- Cache size: 8MB
- Power Supply: External AC PSU
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1-11/16" x 4-13/16" x 3-5/8" (4.3 x 12.2 x 9.1 cm)
- Weight: 1.2 lb. (0.56 kg)