This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
High-performance, environmentally friendly desktop hard drive.
Glyph’s GPT50 is a rock-solid desktop drive that is smaller, more featured, and more environmentally friendly then the previous GT050Q model. Featuring next-generation Oxford bridging technology, the GPT50 is the newest member of Glyph's portable drive family. Think of it as the big brother to the PortaGig50, with an internal power supply and quiet fan. It's 33% smaller than the GT050Q making it more portable and convenient. And Glyph has moved to smaller, environmentally friendly packaging which means less waste.
A cool drive is a healthy drive
The GPT50 uses a temperature-controlled fan making it overall quieter than previous designs while still offering proper cooling. The case is designed with front-panel ventilation holes to draw cool air in, while exhausting warm air out the back - critical to the performance and reliability of the components.
Nobody likes wall-warts
They are easily misplaced, or accidentally unplugged from the drive, and take up valuable outlet space. The GPT50 uses an industry-standard power cord and pro-quality internal power supply for the most efficient and reliable power source possible.
Keeping your data safe
The GPT50 boasts new features designed to keep your data safe. The intelligent power switch must be held for 3 seconds to power off the drive, guarding against unintended power-off. The multifunction LED shows drive power, activity, and also warns of a failing hard drive.
The GPT50 provides all the ports you'd possibly need. With FireWire 800, USB 2.0 and eSATA options, you can connect the GPT50 to your external interface of choice.
- Available in 1TB, 2TB, or 3TB sizes
- 7200RPM Drive
- Quiet temperature-controlled fan
- Industry-standard power cord and pro-quality internal power supply
- Intelligent power switch guards against unintended power-off
- FireWire 800, USB 2.0 and eSATA connections
Improve session performance by upgrading to a high-performance drive today.
GPT50 Desktop Hard Drive Specifications:
- Capacities: 1TB " 2TB " 3TB
- Rotational speed (RPM): 7,200RPM
- Interface connectivity:
- FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) - Two 9-pin ports
- USB 2.0 Hi-speed (device-side) port
- eSATA - One port
- Bridging chipset: Oxford 944
- Average seek time: 8ms
- Maximum transfer rate: 3Gb/sec
- Cache size: 32MB (1TB " 2TB); 64MB (3TB)
- Dimensions (WxHxD)
- Product: 8.6" x 1.6" x 6.5"
- Packaging: 11.5" x 3.7" x 11.4"
- Product: 4lb. / 1.8 kg
- With pkg: 5.7lb. / 2.6 kg
- Power Supply: Internal Universal 100-240v 50/60 Hz
- Compatible Operating Systems
- Apple OS 8.6, 9.X, 10.X
- Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8
- Modern Unix-based, Linux, or BSD
- *Older versions of Windows, such as 2000 and XP 32-bit, use Master Boot Record which doesn't support volumes larger than 2TB. When the capacity of the drive is 2TB or higher, you must format it using GPT in Windows. GPT format is only supported by Windows XP 64-bit Edition, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X. GPT format will not work with XP 32-bit or older Windows operating systems. If you want to use Windows 2000 and/or XP 32-bit, choose a GPT50 that is 2TB or smaller.
- Inside The Box
- 9-Pin FireWire 800 Cable
- IEC Power Cable
- Full 3 Years
- 1 Year Overnight Advance Replace (U.S. 48 States only)
- 2 Years Free Basic Data Recovery