Genelec 8050A Bi-Amplified MonitorProduct #581343 Genelec 581343 YBDA Powered Studio Monitors https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
An award-winning studio monitor for large control rooms.
The Genelec 8050A Bi-Amplified Monitoring System capable of producing peak SPL over 120dB per pair, and with a low frequency response extending down to 35Hz, is a powerful wide band biamplified monitoring system. It is an excellent tool for large recording studios, broadcast and surround installations, mastering suites, and TV and post-production houses.
The sophisticated low-level active crossover has versatile controls for matching the monitor to difficult acoustic environments. Dedicated very low distortion amplifiers power the drivers, with overload protection for each driver.
The stiff, volume efficient MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) and long, curved, flow-optimized reflex port combined with low distortion drivers provide solid, clear, low frequencies with a minimum of compression, distortion, and port noise artifacts. The gently curved side and front MDE and advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) provide exceptionally smooth on- and off-axis frequency responses, precise imaging, and optimal directivity across the whole audio spectrum.
Mounting of the 8050A is easy using the included Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler), which eliminates coloration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. The monitor can be tilted on the Iso-Pod to point the acoustic axis directly at the listening position. Other mounting options are possible using the integrated mounting point on the rear of the enclosure, or the M10 threaded hole on its base.
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) flow-optimized reflex port design
- MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) Loudspeaker Design
- 1" (25 mm) Metal Dome Tweeter
- 8" (205 mm) Bass Cone Driver
- Bass Response Reaches Down To 38Hz
- Bass Amplifier Produces 150 watts
- Treble Amplifier Produce 120 watts Of Output Power
- Includes Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler)
- Near Field Monitoring
- Audio Video Post Production
- Mobile Vans
- Home Theaters
- Project/Home Studios
- Digital Workstations
Get a monitor that sounds incredible and translates your mix exactly to any "Gennie"-equipped studio.
8050A Bi-Amplified Monitor Specifications:
- Input format: Analog
- SPL (Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100Hz to 3kHz): >110dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material: >120dB SPL @ 1m
- Bass Driver: 8"
- Treble Driver: 1" metal dome
- Crossover frequencies: 1.8kHz
- Free field frequency response: 38Hz - 20kHz (± 2 dB)
- Bass Amplifier power: 150W
- Treble Amplifier power: 120 W
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D): 17-1/16" x 11-1/4" x 10-15/16" (Height with Iso-Pod 17-13/16"), 433 x 286 x 278 mm (Height with Iso-Pod 452 mm)
- Speaker weight: 28 lb. (12.7 kg)