Galaxy Audio PA6SR Powered Hot Spot with Wireless Receiver CardProduct #H68366 Galaxy Audio H68366 YACA Unpowered Stage Monitors https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
A 170W PA system that attaches to your mic stand for better upfront personal monitoring.
The newest powered model in Galaxy Audio's Hot Spot line since 1998, the PA6S takes full advantage of recent improvements in speaker and amplifier technology, making it the lightest, most powerful, and best-sounding compact PA system Galaxy Audio has ever offered. New features such as the XLR pass-through on each channel allow independent control of mics without affecting the signal sent to the house PA. A -20dB Pad switch on each XLR input ensures that even the hottest signals will be accepted without overdriving the inputs. An additional 1/8" Line input on Channel 2 will accept stereo or mono signals from sources such as tape or digital medial players as well as line level instruments.
While the PA6S has been redesigned from the ground up, Galaxy Audio has kept the basics. The freshly designed outer shell retains the distinctive shape of the original Hot Spot, but with a 21st Century look. The cabinet now uses two specially designed speaker components, the new 155-watt NEOLITE 6.5" woofer and Galaxy Audio's highly efficient 1.5" 60-watt tweeter.
The PA6S's two-way speaker system gives it a much wider frequency response than earlier models. This means that full-range music such as keyboards or backing tracks will come through with solid bass and crisp highs. This enhanced frequency response makes the PA6S a great standalone PA system for small club gigs as well as lectures and A/V presentations. Plus, a simple adjustment of the 3-band EQ can alter the response for singers who love the time-honored accentuated midrange of the classic Hot Spot vocal monitor. The PA6S gives you the best of both worlds.
The built-in 170-watt amplifier inside the PA6S is designed to handle the most demanding audio situations. This high-tech Class D amplifier produces plenty of power to cover a wide variety of applications. It allows the PA6S to function both as a standalone PA system and as a high-powered vocal monitor to cut through loud stage volumes. For larger gigs that require more coverage, you may simply patch from the Preamp Output to the main house PA, while using the PA6S as your onstage monitor.
The PA6S also features a built-in 18dB Compressor/Limiter circuit with Compressor and Clip LEDs. The compressor acts to smooth out transient peaks in the signals, thus improving overall sound quality and increasing apparent volume. The Limiter helps protect the woofer and tweeter from being damaged by amplifier distortion. The Clip LED indicates when a reduction in volume is recommended.
- Includes a wireless receiver and a convenient mic stand insert on the bottom of the unit for quick setup on top of a mic stand, with the PA6SR angled upward for accurate vocal monitoring
- Included mic stand adaptor insures a more stable and secure placement on any mic stand
- Molded-in yoke bracket points
- Microphone boom mount on top eliminates the need for a second mic stand for your microphone (requires optional hardware)
- Integrated handle into the top of the enclosure
- Built-in compressor/limiter prevents output distortion
- -20dB pad switches on each XLR input allow high-level signals without distortion
- 3-band EQ (High, Mid, Low) to adjust the sound to what you want to hear
- Pass through on each channel acts as a built-in splitter to send signals to a mixer snake or another PA6S
- Two-way speaker system: 6.5" neodymium high power woofer and 1.5" high efficiency Neolite tweeter allows for wider frequency response
- 170W Class D amplifier
Hear yourself better during performances with this innovative PA system/monitor. Order today!
PA6SR Powered Hot Spot with Wireless Receiver Card Specifications:
- Speaker Section
- One Galaxy Audio SW6.5 ferro fluid cooled 6.5" NEOLITE neodymium Woofer
- One ST1.5 fluid cooled 1.5" NEOLITE Neodymium Titanium Dome Tweeter
- Nominal impedance: 4Ω
- Power handling capacity: 155W
- Materials: Fire retardant styrene
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 7.75" x 11.75" x 6.75" (197mm x 298mm x 171mm)
- Net weight: 6.4lb. (2.9kg)
- Amplifier Section
- Rated Power: 170W @ 4Ω, 180W dymamic power
- Equalization: 3-band center detent
- Lo: ±12dB peak/dip at 200Hz
- Mid: ±12dB peak/dip at 2kHz
- Hi: ±12dB shelving at 10kHz
- Sensitivity (1W @ 1m): 98dB (1kHz octave band)
- Frequency response: 80Hz–18kHz
- Maximum SPL @ clip: 118dB
- T.H.D.: <0.5% @ 4Ω
- Input connections: Two 1/4" balanced/unbalanced, two XLR 24V phantom power, one 1/8" Stereo Line In
- Output connections: Two XLR thru outputs, one 1/4" preamp output
- Indicator LEDs: Power, Clip, & Compressor
- Power Requirements; Domestic: 120 VAC 60Hz
- Export: 230VAC 50Hz
- Safeguards: Short circuit current limiting. Short circuit foldback limiting. Thermal short circuit protection.