Galaxy Audio PA6S 170W Personal PA System/Monitor
Powered Stage Monitors
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Ultra high-power, one-piece PA system/powered monitor that can attach to your mic stand.
Pioneers of the small PA/personal monitor category when they introduced the HOT SPOT 30 years ago, Galaxy Audio has redesigned their innovative Galaxy Audio PA6S from the ground up while keeping the basics. The outer shell on this version of the PA6S PA system & vocal monitor has kept the distinctive shape of the original Hot Spot, but with a new, 21st century look. The cabinet now uses 2 specially designed speaker components-the 155-watt NEOLITE 6.5" woofer and Galaxy Audio's highly efficient 1.5" 60-watt tweeter.
The Galaxy Audio PA6S PA system/monitor takes full advantage of recent improvements in speaker and amplifier technology, making it the lightest, most powerful, and best-sounding compact PA system Galaxy Audio has ever offered. Features such as the XLR pass-through on each channel allow independent control of mics without affecting the signal sent to the house PA system. The Galaxy Audio speaker's -20dB Pad switch on each XLR input ensures that even the hottest signals will be accepted without overdriving the inputs. An additional 1/8" Line input on Channel 2 will accept stereo or mono signals from sources such as tape or digital medial players as well as line-level instruments.
The 2-way PA speaker system gives the PA6S a much wider frequency response than earlier models. This means that full-range music, such as keyboards or backing tracks, will come through with solid bass and crisp highs. This enhanced frequency response makes the Galaxy Audio PA6S a great standalone PA system for small club gigs as well as lectures and A/V presentations. Plus a simple adjustment of the 3-band EQ can alter the response for singers who love the time-honored accentuated midrange of the classic Hot Spot vocal monitor. The Galaxy Audio PA6S gives you the best of both worlds.
The Galaxy Audio PA6S has a built-in 170-watt amplifier designed to handle the most demanding audio situations. This high-tech Class D amplifier produces plenty of power to cover a wide variety of applications. This design allows the PA6S monitor to function both as a standalone PA system and as a high-powered vocal monitor to cut through loud stage volumes. For larger gigs that require more coverage, you may simply patch from the Preamp Output to the main house PA, while using the PA6S as your onstage monitor speaker.
The PA6S also features a built-in 18dB Compressor/Limiter circuit with Compressor and Clip LEDs. The Compressor acts to smooth out transient peaks in the signals, thus improving overall sound quality and increasing apparent volume. The Limiter helps protect the woofer and tweeter from being damaged by amplifier distortion. The Clip LED indicates when a reduction in volume is recommended.
- Mic stand insert on the bottom of the unit
- Included mic stand adapter
- Microphone boom mount on top of the Galaxy Audio PA6S (Requires optional hardware)
- Integrated handle into the top of the enclosure
- Built-in compressor/Limiter
- -20dB pad switches on each XLR input
- 3-band EQ (High, Mid, Low)
- Pass through on each channel acts as a built-in splitter
- 2-way speaker system: 6.5" neodymium high power woofer and 1.5" high efficiency Neolite tweeter
Get more personal monitoring with this handy little PA. Order a PA6S today!
PA6S 170W Personal PA System/Monitor Specifications:
- Speaker Section
- Woofer: One Galaxy Audio SW6.5 ferro fluid cooled 6.5" NEOLITE neodymium woofer
- Tweeter: One ST1.5 fluid-cooled 1.5" NEOLITE neodymium titanium dome tweeter
- Nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- Power handling capacity: 155 watts
- Amplifier Section
- Rated Power: 170 watts @ 4 ohms, 180 watts Dymamic Power
- Equalization: 3-band center detent
- Lo: ±12dB peak/dip at 200Hz
- Mid: ±12dB peak/dip at 2kHz
- Hi: ±12dB shelving at 10kHz
- Sensitivity (1W @ 1 meter): 98dB (1kHz octave band)
- Frequency response: 80Hz-18kHz
- Maximum SPL @ clip: 118dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.5% @ 4 ohms
- Input connections: 2 - 1/4" Balanced/Unbalanced 2 - XLR 24V Phantom PWR One 1/8" Stereo Line In
- Output connections: 2 - XLR Thru Outputs One 1/4" Preamp Output
- Indicator LEDs: POWER, CLIP & COMPRESSOR
- Power Requirements; Domestic: 120 VAC 60Hz
- Export: 230VAC 50Hz
- Safeguards: Short circuit current limiting. Short circuit foldback limiting. Thermal short circuit protection
- Enclosure Materials: Fire-retardant styrene
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 7.75" x 11.75" x 6.75" (197mm x 298mm x 171mm)
- Net weight: 6.4 lb. (2.9 kg.)
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Good Value
- Quick Setup
Comments about Galaxy Audio PA6S 170W Personal PA System/Monitor:
Purchased this for use with Yamaha WX5/VL70-m combination specifically to emulate acoustic instruments as closely as possible to the "real thing", especially the trumpet which is my main instrument. I also tried the Mackie version of this but found sonic quality lacking. This Galaxy performs brilliantly and is as close in sound quality, timbre, fullness, and clarity as I have found in an amplifier and I have tried a LOT of amps including the highly regarded Traynor K4. LOVE this little thing! Easy to carry and setup, small, directional. Perfect!