Galaxy Audio Hot Spot 7 with Volume control
Unpowered Stage Monitors
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Over the past three decades Galaxy Audio has tinkered with the popular Hot Spot near-field monitor, and 2010 rings in the new and improved Hot Spot 7. The biggest change, up until now, has been improving the ceramic, old-style driver to the more modern neodymium driver. The Hot Spot 7 utilizes the same neodymium driver as its most recent predecessor, with one significant improvement, there is more bass output. Galaxy Audio has developed an all-new, slightly larger outer shell design with many cool new built-ins such as a mic stand mount, mic boom attachment, handle, stand/wall bracket mounts. Being that there is more room inside the cabinet, this creates better bass response.
The Hot Spot 7 is a vocal reproduction monitor. The original Hot Spot monitor was developed in 1977 by Galaxy's founder while touring with musicians. He saw a need for a vocal monitor, and thus the Hot Spot was born.
The Hot Spot 7 works great for numerous reasons. First, the Hot Spot 7 can be set on a microphone stand, which allow them to be positioned closer to the user. Think about it, many performers purchase a 12" or 15" floor monitor, and, during the performance, roll off the low end and crank up the volume so the sound will travel from the floor to their ears. The Hot Spot 7 is mid-range oriented and it is closer to the performer, so there will be less stage volume, which reduces feedback. Second, the Hot Spot is physically smaller and lighter in weight, which makes it easier for transport. Plus the clarity is superior to any larger floor monitor.
Using a Hot Spot 7 will actually help reduce feedback from occurring on stage!
- Convenient design includes mic stand insert on the bottom of the unit for quick setup on top of a mic stand with the HS7 angled upward for accurate vocal monitoring
- Included mic stand adaptor ensures a more stable and secure placement on any mic stand
- Molded-in yoke bracket points
- Microphone boom attachment on top eliminates the need for a second mic stand for your microphone (Requires optional hardware sold separately)
- Integrated handle into the top of the enclosure
- Each Hot Spot 7 comes equipped with two Speakon 1/4" Combo speaker jacks wired in parallel to allow easy daisy-chaining of multiple Hot Spots
- 18dB stepped attenuator volume control
- 16Î Cabinet with Two NEOLITE 5-Inch Drivers
- 200W continuous power rating
- Freq. response: 150Hz-18kHz
- 126dB SPL (200W @ .5m)
- Input Connections: Two Twistlock/1/4"
- Combo jacks (wired in parallel)
- Mounts to any mic stand
- Integrated handle, mounting points for mic boom & bracket
Hot Spot 7 with Volume control Specifications:
- Speaker Compliment: Two 5" drivers (S5N-8) NEOLITE Neodymium, Ferro Fluid cooled
Nominal impedance: 16Î
Power handling capacity: 200 watts cont.
Magnet Structure: 14.8 oz. (.42kg) total
Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter): 94dB (1kHz octave band)
Frequency response: 150Hz-18kHz
Input Connections: Two Speakon/1/4" combo jacks POS: +1 NEG: -1 wired in parallel
Additional Feature: volume control; range 18dB
Enclosure Materials: High-impact ABS plastic
Dimensions: 7.75" x 11.75" x 6.75", (197mm x 298mm x 171mm)
Net weight: 5.25lb. (2.381kg)
Shipping weight: 6.4lb. (2.903kg)