Fxpansion BFD Percussion Expansion PackSku #700948000000000 Fxpansion 700948 YSKA Virtual Drums & Percussion https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An extensive suite of detailed percussion instruments and grooves to complement the drums in your BFD installation.
The BFD Percussion expansion pack for BFD features everything from latin, world and drumkit-centric percussion to junk and kitchenware via all manner of outlandish strangeness, the sprawling diversity of BFD Percussion is inspirational. BFD Percussion literally contains the kitchen sink—in full BFD multi-sampled, multi-articulated form!
The instruments are recorded with up to 46 velocity layers, using multiple articulations and multiple mic channels including lush, stereo ambience. As always, carefully-selected high-end mics, preamps and converters were used for the sessions. The resulting sounds faithfully capture the musicality, expressive depth and dynamic scope of this eclectic percussion collection, and are perfect for use in a variety of musical styles and genres.
Recorded at Omega Studios in Maryland, USA by the same team that brought you BFD Jazz & Funk Collection, BFD Percussion's sounds provide a wealth of creative sonic possibilities when manipulated by BFD's multi-channel drum mixing, groove-playing and audio routing technology.
Lush and expressive
With this being a BFD expansion pack, everything is recorded with deep expressive detail: up to 46 velocity layers, multiple articulations and multiple mic channels. The room is small and intimate: tight and controlled but with a lush sense of space, something which is captured faithfully in the stereo ambient channels.
The recording chain was set up for maximum detail, precision and transparency: Royer ribbon mics and Neumann condensers, amongst others, were recorded into Digidesign HD converters through API, Focusrite Red and ISA115 preamps. The aim was to capture the diverse instruments as naturally and accurately as possible.
A diverse range of pieces
Amongst the highlights are congas, bongos, timbales, djembes, darbukas, udu, ashiko, bodhran, chimes, triangles, cowbells, jamblocks, woodblocks and temple blocks! A variety of shakers and tambourines are also included, along with esoteric effect sounds such as thundersheets, flexatones, waterphones and bowed gongs.
Additionally, a grotesquely beautiful assortment of junk percussion opens up new creative avenues: plastic and metal trashcans, saw blades, stiletto heels, buckets, spoons, saucepans, watercoolers and a plethora of other random household objects of sonic interest.
Brand new grooves
Finally, a library of Grooves provides ready-made inspiration and creative ideas for using the sounds in your music. A variety of world and general purpose Grooves are included, along with example kits and programs.
BFD Percussion was produced by John Emrich, a musician and engineer who lives and breathes drums and percussion. The paramount philosophy behind the collection was to make it as musically useful and inspirational as possible, and to remain true to the expressive possibilities and sheer beauty of these complex, organic instruments.
- Expansion pack for BFD
- Premium quality 26.1 GB sample library
- Multiple mic positions and varied, expressive articulations
- MIDI Groove Library in a variety of styles from around the world
- Latin - Timbales, Congas, Claves, Bongos and much more
- African - Djembe, Ashiko, Shekere
- Arabic - Tar, Darbuka, Doumbek, Rik
- Irish Folk - Bodhran, Bones
- Asian - Gongs, Temple Blocks, Udu
- Junk - Boxes, Trash Cans and odd little things!
- FX - Waterphones, Thundersheets, Bowed and Water-dunked Gongs, Flexatones
- Household items - Pots, Pans, Spoons, Kitchen Sink, Trashcans, Cookie sheet
- Bells - Cowbells, Goat bells, Sleigh Bells
Maximize your BFD! Order now!
BFD Percussion Expansion Pack Specifications:
- BFD v1.5.45 (Free upgrade from v1.0)
- 1 GHz Pentium III or Athlon XP (for Windows platform)
- Apple PowerMac G4, OSX 10.2.8, 733 MHz (G4 1.2 GHz recommended) (for MacOSX platform)
- 1 GB of RAM
- DVD drive (for installation)
- 26.1GB of free hard disk space (separate drive recommended)