Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSPSku #523334000000000 Focusrite 523334 YBK Audio Interfaces https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A truly unique and necessary addition to your DAW.
The Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP is Focusrite's latest 16 In/8 Out FireWire audio interface, featuring real-time DSP-powered tracking and mixing solutions tailor-made for the modern home studio environment.
Alongside DSP-powered Compression and EQ for latency-free tracking and "comfort" reverb for vocal monitoring, is VRM; a Virtual Reference Monitoring technology that lets you hear your mix in different environments, through different speakers and from different positions, all just using headphones.
VRM makes Saffire PRO 24 DSP the only interface capable of simulating over one hundred different monitoring scenarios through your headphones. VRM overcomes the major obstacle for mixing with headphones by giving you multiple perspectives on your mix, as if you were listening through speakers. Indeed, noise levels from mixing through speakers can make it impossible for most to mix at home, especially late at night; with VRM, you can mix anytime, anywhere. Using any pair of monitoring headphones, VRM let's you choose your mixing environment from a living room, a bedroom studio, or a professional studio. You then simply choose where you are positioned in that room and what speakers you listen through.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP draws on twenty-five years of mic-pre excellence. The two Focusrite pre-amps capture every subtle nuance of your sound whilst ensuring low noise and distortion. Meanwhile, high-quality digital conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP's other real-time DSP-powered effects also exhibit Focusrite's uncompromising approach to audio quality. EQ, Compression and "Comfort" Reverb sonically derived from the 'Focusrite Plug-in Suite' (also included as VST/AU plug-ins) are all integrated within the Saffire Mix Control software, providing professional latency-free tools for tracking and monitoring.
Alongside the two Focusrite pre-amps are a host of I/O options; two additional analog inputs, six analog outputs, ADAT inputs (for expanding the interface with, for example, Focusrite's OctoPre), stereo SPDIF I/O and 2 virtual "loopback" inputs for routing digital audio between software applications - ideal for capturing online audio. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analogue input offers accurate viewing of levels.
Saffire Mix Control, the zero-latency 16 x 8 DSP Mixer/Router software provided with Saffire PRO 24 DSP, sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control. It features flexible output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click setup solutions designed to help you track, monitor and mix as easily as possible.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP also comes with all the additional tools needed to start making music right away. These include the latest version of the Focusrite Plug-in Suite, which provides a significant upgrade from your standard sequencer effects. The suite includes Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle features Ableton Live 7 Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters and 'Mike the Drummer'.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP combines two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps and a host of other I/O with VRM Virtual Reference Monitoring, integrated real-time tracking and monitoring effects, and easy-to-use mix control software. Together, they deliver the most comprehensive professional compact music-recording interface to date.
Focusrite’s popular Saffire Firewire interfaces are fully compatible with Thunderbolt ports on Mac computers. All you need to connect the two is a FireWire 400-800 cable (included with all new Saffire interfaces later this year) and the Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter (not included). Simply plug this into the Thunderbolt port on your computer and connect the FireWire interface – it’s as simple as that. Saffire interfaces are 100% compatible with Thunderbolt using this adaptor.
- VRM Virtual Reference Monitoring
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite Preamps
- Onboard DSP-powered, latency-free tracking and mixing tools
- High Quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire Interface
- Total I/O Count of 16 Inputs and 8 Outputs
- Saffire Mix Control Zero-latency DSP Mixer/Router
- Xcite+ Software Bundle
- Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix
- Front panel 5-LED metering
- Two dedicated front-panel headphone busses
Saffire Pro 24 DSP Specifications:
- Conversion performance
- Dynamic Range (chipset) = 107dB
- Dynamic Range (Real World) = 105dB
- Clock jitter < 250 picoseconds
- THD+N AMPL = -107dBFS 'A' weighted
- Microphone Inputs
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.1 dB
- THD+N: 0.001% (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analog to digital) (measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Line Inputs
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.1dB
- THD+N: < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Instrument Inputs
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.1dB
- THD+N: 0.004% (measured with 0dBu input and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -87dBu (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Front and Rear Connectivity
- Analog Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-4)
- 2 x XLR Mic/Line Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Inputs 1-2)
- 2 x XLR Instrument Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Instrument on inputs 1 and 2 only)
- Automatic switch of Mic / Line (inserting a jack switches from Mic to either Line or Instrument (instrument selected via the software control panel)
- Line inputs 3-4 have low and high gain settings can be controlled from the Saffire MixControl software (low gain being the default)
- Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 5-14) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- 1 x 8 channel ADAT input on Optical Connector (SDPIF 3&4 set in preferences menu)
- Analog Audio Outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 6 x TRS analog outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 2 x TRS stereo headphone output (headphone mix 1 same as outputs 3 & 4)
- Digital Channel Outputs (Outputs 7-8) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF output on RCA
- Other I/O
- 1 x 6-pin FireWire socket
- 2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out
- 12V DC power input connector for use with external PSU
- Weight and Dimensions
- Weight: 3.5 lb. (1.6 kg)
- Dimensions: 1.8" (H) x 220mm / 8.65" (D), (215mm / 8.5" W x 45mm D )
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Cool Looks
- Ease of Use
- Glitch Free Performance
- Smooth And Juicy Sound
- Home Studio
Comments about Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP:
For my home studio, as well as hooked up via computor to my home theater system. I upgraded, finally from a 15 year old Aardvard Direct Pro. Amazingly lush sound quality, digital precision with a smooootttthhhhe analog sound. Very impressed, can't go wrong with this. Complete satisfaction. This unit smokes the competition.
Comments about Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP:
I suppose that the big selling point for this may be the VRM function...it's cool I suppose. I know that once I get into final production and mastering that it will help my mixes immensely. But I didn't buy this because of that, I bought it because of the quality of Focusrite products.
I had been wanting to add a firewire solution for a while. I had used several USB ones and I was set to go with PreSonus (bought one for a friend's voice over studio). It's a nice unit, but the Focusrite sounds better and I can run it on bus power alone without a problem. The Mix Control is pretty powerful (and a bit intimidating), but I manage to get around in there pretty well to my surprise.
I just love when I buy something, install the drivers, plug it in and it works. I haven't had a single issue with it and I keep finding neat little things about it. The dual headphone output is probably overkill for me, but I love having seperate monitor and headphone levels, a mute and dim button (Presonus does not) and the meters are a nice touch.
What really impressed me was that I was able to use the SPDIF for monitoring without having to run an editor and the fact that there is absolutely no jitter. My old interface wasn't usable at all with SPDIF. I also had some RF noise from the inside of my PC that when I would scroll the mouse or something I would get noise. With it outside the box it's absolutely positively silent.
I can also hear the difference between the A/D convertors in this thing. My old soundcard was pretty high end a few years ago and it's still pretty highly regarded. I can hear the difference though; as a whole unit it's very transparent sounding.
I haven't had a chance to use a high end mic with it yet. I did plug in an SM57 in there (I'm a guitar player so you know I have to have one of those) and the mic pre's sound great. I'm not real high on the effects (just bypassed them)....I suppose it's better to have them than not to, but the dry signal was absolutely stellar.
The only really negative thing I have to say about it is that there is a lack of a rack mount adapter. I don't understand why you would make something that's 1/2 rack space and not sell a kit to mount it. I had to fabricate something out of some old rack parts laying around. It's ok, but it would have been nice to just get something thats a bit more professional.