Focusrite Red 8Pre Audio Interface
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Focusrite's best interface series yet.
There's never been a better Focusrite audio interface range than the Red Range. The second
member of this acclaimed new series, the Red 8Pre features eight new, specially-developed 'Red
Evolution' mic preamps with 'Air' transformer emulation, high-headroom instrument inputs, a
new low-noise conversion design plus a grand total of 64 inputs and 64 outputs (including 16
analog inputs and 18 analog outputs), Red 8Pre incorporates dual Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for
round-trip latency as low as 1.67ms, and direct connection to Pro Tools | HD systems. Add to that
the ability to connect up to 32 additional inputs and outputs via Dante™ Ethernet-based audio
networking and you have one of the most advanced, best-sounding, and most versatile interfaces
The eight digitally-controlled mic pres – which can be controlled from software or by using the clean, clear front panel controls and color LCD displays – deliver clear, honest audio performance with –129 dB EIN and 63dB of gain, and include Focusrite's unique ‘Air’ effect, authentically recreating the sound of the transformer-based preamps in the classic ISA range - ideal for bringing out the breathy quality of a vocal or adding presence to an acoustic guitar. Red 8Pre's new high-performance conversion system features 'parallel path summing', where two matched converters are run in parallel to increase the signal to noise ratio. They operate at up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sampling - ideal for high-resolution audio - with a dynamic range of 118dB (A-D)/121dB (D-A). The Red 4Pre delivers ≤0.0009% THD+Noise and a frequency response flat from 20Hz to 35kHz ±0.25 dB.
Red 8Pre offers exceptional connectivity. Not only does the Red 8Pre deliver Thunderbolt 2 capability - with dual ports, so you can daisy-chain your hard drives or displays - and our lowest round-trip latency; it also includes dual DigiLink™ connectors for direct connection to Pro Tools | HD systems and Avid® interfaces. And in addition, Dante Ethernet-based audio networking - the studio interconnect of the future - is built-in. Add up to 32 extra inputs and outputs right where you need them, with any combination of Dante interface, including Focusrite's own RedNet range, for low latency and lower-cost expansion - wherever there's an Ethernet cable. With its extensive capabilities and beautiful yet robust design, the Red 8Pre represents the perfect balance of form and function, delivering the sound quality, transparency and versatility that audio professionals across the world expect from Focusrite.
Remote control from iPhone or iPad
Download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes created with the Focusrite Control desktop app remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
- 64 inputs/64 outputs - inc 16-in /18-out analogue I/O
- Eight Red Evolution mic pres with 'Air' transformer emulation
- Precision 24-bit/192kHz conversion, with up to 121dB dynamic range
- 'Parallel path summing' conversion for lower noise
- Optimal combination of sound quality, noise floor, dynamic range and conversion latency
- Perfect for high-resolution audio
- Color LCD displays and assignable controls for simple and quick operation
- Both front panel and software control
- Dual Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for daisy-chaining
- Direct Pro Tools DigiLink™ connection
- Dante Network Audio enabled
- 1.67ms round-trip latency - record with plug-ins in real time
- Add up to 32 extra inputs and outputs via Ethernet
- Front-panel instrument inputs
- Focusrite Control Software and free plug-ins included
Call or click to order today!