Event 20/20BAS Monitor
Powered Studio Monitors
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Powered bookshelf studio monitor with internal biamping.
First released in 1995, the original 20/20 nearfield studio monitor revolutionised the recording industry and secured itself a place in the hearts of audio engineers the world over for its truthful reproduction and outstanding sonic character. Event is proud to announce a new generation of clarity, transparency and definition with the release of the 20/20BAS. This two-way front ported speaker incorporates a number of fundamental improvements over the original model while remaining true to its tonal character and performance strengths.
Event's engineering team used ideas and technologies from its flagship Opal speaker in order to achieve performance in keeping with the company design philosophy of high output, low distortion and excellent dynamics. This speaker incorporates a number of fundamental improvements over the original model while remaining true to its character and performance strengths.
The original transducer design and cabinet volume have been maintained, however the high and low frequency amplifiers, cabinet bracing and overall construction have been revolutionised to improve audio characteristics, increase dynamics and extend reliability.
Event's engineering team used ideas and technologies from its flagship Opal speaker in order to achieve performance in keeping with the company design philosophy of high output, low distortion and excellent dynamics.
Fully discrete Class AB amplifiers for the tweeter and woofer provide up to 250 watts of burst power with less than .01% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD). This more than doubles the power provided by the original 20/20bas amplifier design with less than half the distortion. Sustained high output performance is ensured through a new oversized toroidal power supply that can ensure sustained extreme low frequency reproduction.
"We were very respectful to the original 20/20 speaker" explains Event's Director of Engineering, Marcelo Vercelli. "Everyone in Event's design department has great respect for the speaker, but we saw a few areas where we could use techologies developed for Opal to get even better dynamics with lower distortion. The new low frequency amp can deliver up to 250w of peak power into the woofer. This gives you the BOOM... the definition in the bottom end that you're looking for."
- Clarity and presence
- Low distortion
- High output
- Excellent dynamics
Order today and experience a legend's reimagining.
20/20BAS Monitor Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 35Hz - 20kHz Â±2dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2300Hz
- 3rd Harmonic Distortion @ 90dB SPL, 1m, 500-7kHz: 0.08%
- 3rd Harmonic Distortion @ 90dB SPL, 1m, 200 - 20kHz: 0.2%
- 3rd Harmonic Distortion @ 90dB SPL, 1m, <200Hz: 1.5%
- Acoustic Output - SPL @ 1m, Long term (80Hz - 20kHz): 105dB
- Acoustic Output - SPL @ 1m, Peak (80Hz - 20kHz): 108dB
- Signal Input: XLR (balanced)
- Low Frequency Transducer
- Piston Diameter: 180mm (7.1")
- Voice Coil Configuration: High temperature single coil
- Voice Coil Diameter: 38mm (1.5"
- )Former Material: High-strength Polyamide - Glass Fiber
- Magnet Type: Ferrite
- Cone Type: Mineral Filled Polypropylene
- Magnetic Shielding: Bucking magnet and steel cap
- High Frequency Transducer
- Dome Diameter: 25.4mm (1")
- Voice Coil Diameter: 25mm (0.98")
- Magnet Type: Ferrite
- Dome Type: Silk
- Gap Design: Ferrofluid Cooled
- Magnetic Shielding: Bucking Magnet
- Amplifier - Low/high frequency
- Frequency Response20Hz - 20kHz(Â±0.2dB)
- Operating Band Pass: 20Hz - 2400Hz (LF)/2400Hz - 20kHz (HF)
- Total Harmoic Distortion: 0.01% 120 Watts into 4 Ohm Load
- Long Term Power @ 4 Ohms: 80 Watts
- Burst Power @ 4 Ohms: 120 Watts
- Output Topology: Class AB
- LF Trim: Constantly variable Â±3dB
- HF Trim: Constantly variable Â±3dB
- Subsonic Filter: -3dB @ 30Hz
- Driver Protection: Current Limiting
- Temperature Protection:Thermal Cut-Off Switch
- Indicators: Event badge 'On' mode
- Cooling: Convection - Aluminium Heat Sink
- Power Requirements: Voltage selector 110-120V or 220-240V, 50/60Hz, 180VA
- Power via detachable 3 circuit IEC type linecord
- Cabinet Construction: MDF
- Low Frequency Vents: Front Port
- Cabinet Dimensions: 10.2"W x 14.8"H x 11.8"D
- Cabinet Weight: 37.48lb
- Shipping Dimensions: 14.8"W x 19.5"H x 16.3"D
- Shipping Weight: 41.88lb