Electro-Voice ZXA1-90 Powered PA Speaker(Black) Sku #423344000001000 Electro-Voice 423344 YAAB Powered PA Speakers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Electro-Voice's popular, compact PA speaker is now amped.
The Electro-Voice ZXA1-90 is a compact, amplified loudspeaker system, which is designed for portable sound reinforcement applications that require maximum portability.
The EV ZXA1-90 audio speaker uses the EV8L, a high output, low distortion, 203mm (8") woofer. The woofer is paired with the DH2005, a titanium diaphragm 1" exit true compression driver. The compression driver is coupled to a rotatable 90° x 50° waveguide for smooth response to 20kHz and excellent pattern control.
The ZXA1-90 loudspeaker is powered by an integrated 800W, 2-channel amplifier module. The amplifier has XLR microphone and line level inputs, as well as an XLR line level output for daisy chaining several amplified speakers or a subwoofer. The biamplified design features steep crossover slopes and woofer excursion protection for maximum output and reliability. A switchable high pass filter allows for use with a subwoofer.
The Electro-Voice ZXA1-90 injection molded enclosure is made from high impact polystyrene for durability and light weight. The handle pocket and pole mount make the ZXA1-90 ideal for many portable applications. The ZXA1-90 speaker enclosure also features a built-in monitor angle for floor monitor applications. The bottom of the Electro-Voice ZXA1-90 features four #8-32 suspension points for permanent installation.
- Integrated 800W power amplifier
- Biamplified design with transducer protection
- EV8L 8" high-output LF transducer
- DH2005 1" exit true compression driver
- 90° x 50° coverage pattern
- Rotatable horn design
- 123dB maximum SPL
- Selectable high-pass filter for use with subwoofers
- Line and microphone inputs
- Integral monitor angle on enclosure
- High-impact poly
- Built-in pole mount
Order the EV ZXA1-90 speaker now for portable power and quality sound.
ZXA1-90 Powered PA Speaker Specifications:
- Freq. Response (-3 dB): 60Hz-20kHz
- Freq. Range1 (-10 dB): 48Hz-20kHz
- Max. Calculated SPL: 123dB
- Horizontal Coverage: 90° or 50°
- Vertical Coverage: 50° or 90°
- Amplifier Power Output: 800W
- LF Transducer: EV8L, 203mm (8") Driver
- HF Transducer: DH2005, 25mm (1") Exit
- Compression Driver
- Crossover Frequency: 1.8kHz
- High Pass Frequency: 100Hz, User Selectable
- Power Requirement (120V): 95V-132V, 50-60Hz, 0.6A
- Power Requirement (230V): 190V-264V, 50-60Hz, 0.4A
- Line input: XLR and TRS Combo
- Mic input: XLR with independent Gain
- Line Output: XLR (Mic and Line Sum)
- Enclosure Material: High Impact Polystyrene
- Grille: Polyester Powder Coated, 18GA
- Galvanized Steel
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 457mm x 282mm x 264mm, (17.98" x 11.12" x 10.38")
- Net Weight: 19 lb. (8.6kg)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Electro-Voice ZXA1-90 Powered PA Speaker:
First of all, I live in the UK. If it were not for this fact I would think this product is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
The Good: The speakers are light weight and put out a ton of sound which amazes everyone. Fortunately I had a friend who had access to the 240v version of the speakers so we could evaluate them honestly during a couple of gigs. The highs were clear, the bass was loud and overall everything was clear. The great thing is that they don't take up a lot of space in the car or on the stage.
The Bad: I ordered the 120v version of these speakers and thought that I could use high power transformers (2000 VA/Watts) with them while I am living in the United Kingdom. Well, for some reason, if I keep the speakers at extremely low volumes everything works fine but if I pump the volume up to gig level either as monitors or loudspeakers the volume cuts out after just a few minutes of operation but I can still see there is power going to the speakers. If I turn them off for about 30 minutes or so when I turn them back on they'll work for a little bit before cutting out again.
The Ugly: I have been extremely embarrassed during a couple of gigs; after an hour of setting up the PA, the speakers cut out in the middle of songs. I even tried giving each speaker it's own 2000 watt transformer without success. Luckily we had some cheap gear to fall back on so we could continue playing. I could see my bandmates were extremely annoyed that I would bring some unreliable gear in that made everyone look bad so I have to leave them at home now and try to figure out what is going wrong. I have contacted the EV engineers and they are also at a loss as to what could be causing these problems. The ugliest part is that I have to find something that works for the band and try to sell these on ebay since it's been over 45 days and I can not use them over here.
Final assessment: If you live in the U.S. I recommend buying these speakers because I think they sound great and give you a lot of bang for the buck. If however you are overseas, pass on these speakers because they'll cause you nothing but heartache!