- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
An amazing compressor with Class A design and vintage tube sound.
With the NY-2A Stereo Tube Compressor Electro-Harmonix uses Lundahl transformers, 8 super linear, low noise gold pin vacuum tubes and military grade components to create one of the finest professional audio compressors ever built. The rackmount stereo tube optical compressor has 3 opto-couplers for 3 distinct modes of compression for each channel (EL, LED and Incandescent Lamp). The NY-2A is 600 ohm defeatable, and has XLR In and Out with linkable operation. The Electro-Harmonix NY-2A Stereo Tube Compressor also has standard VU metering and rapid ballistics magic eye metering.
- True bypass for each channel using mechanical relays
- Swedish Luhndal transformers at both the input and output of both channels
- Switchable electroluminescent, LED or incandescent lamps for distinct and unique compressions
- Dual mono or stereo with the ability to assign different compressions on each channel
- Link mode to bridge channels 1 and 2
- Each channel fully independent when Link mode set to off
- Input and output gain controls
- High quality detented potentiometers to ease recall of settings
- Switchable squash mode for additional high frequency compression in EL mode
- Switchable attack mode for slower attack in incandescent mode
- Switchable 20 dB pad at the input of each channel
- 8 professional, low-noise Electro-Harmonix vacuum tubes
- Fast response magic eye tube meters
Improve your tracks with this world-class compressor!