Earthworks PM40T Touring PianoMic System
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An easier solution to miking acoustic pianos.
The PM40T Touring PianoMic System, offering the features and sonic performance of the PM40 PianoMic System while offering quick, simple, and easy setup, in a compact airline friendly carry-on case. Acoustic pianos are one of the hardest instruments to mic, but the P40T System makes it a much easier task.
The PianoMic System was designed to revolutionize piano miking and achieve an incredible improvement in piano sound for live and recording applications with no mic stands or booms. There is more gain before feedback, significantly less leakage from surrounding instruments and the same pristine sound quality with the piano lid either up or down. At the heart of the system are two Random Incidence, omnidirectional, 40 kHz High Definition Microphones. With a frequency response of 9 Hz to 40 kHz, the mics deliver extraordinary impulse response and extremely short diaphragm settling times. In addition, the microphones exhibit no proximity effect, regardless of their distance from the piano strings or soundboard. The mics, when positioned close to the sound source, also provide incredible gain before feedback.
- Touring Model
- Cannot be seen from outside of the piano (needs no stands or mic booms)
- Superb sound with the piano lid either up or down
- Virtually no leakage from sounds outside the piano
- Incredible gain before feedback
- Record piano while tracking other instruments in the same room
- Handles sound pressure levels up to 148dB
- Quick, simple and easy setup
- 40kHz Random Incidence Omnis
- Hear the full range of the piano including the high and low strings with no hot spots
- Telescoping bar is quickly and easily installed in nearly all grand pianos
One of the most effective ways to mic an acoustic piano.
PM40T Touring PianoMic System Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 9Hz to 40kHz
Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional (random incidence)
Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa (-36dBV/Pa)
Power Requirements: 48V Phantom, 10mA
Max Acoustic Input: 148dB SPL
Output: XLR-3 (pin 2+)
Output Impedance: 100Î, balanced (50Î ea. pin 2 & 3)
Min Output Load: 600Î between pins 2 & 3
Noise: 22dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
24.5dB SPL equivalent (Unweighted)
Mic Gooseneck Length: 4.75 inches
Dimensions: 64³ fully extended, 46³ fully collapsed
Weight: Mic Assembly .75 lb. (350g)
With External Electronics Box 1.5 lb. (700g)