Earthworks 1021 One Channel ZDT Preamp
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The ultimate in preamp transparency.
The 1021 ZDT Zero Distortion Preamplifier is a half-rack single channel microphone preamp housed in a 1U rack. This discrete circuitry pre, designed by David Blackmer, establishes a new standard of sonic excellence in preamps of its type. This exacting new standard provides frequency response from 1Hz to 200kHz +0.5dB, a rise time of 0.27 microseconds and distortion of less than 1 part per million (0.0001%), eliminating all possibility of sonic degradation.
Take another look at those specifications. They seem nearly impossible. These preamps are so fast, so clean and so transparent that you don't even know they are there. It is like plugging your microphone into a "piece of wire with gain." You will hear clarity and detail with the ZDT preamps you've never heard in any other preamp.
- Zero Distortion - less than one part per million
- High output level +30dBu
- Very Low Output Impedance will drive long lines without interference or signal loss
- True 48 volt phantom, polarity reverse & clip indicator
- Separate XLR & 1/4" Phone (t-r-s) outputs, each with its own gain/level controls
- 1/4" Phone connector output will drive balanced or unbalanced inputs
- Lowest Noise of any preamp on the market
- All Discrete Components; Class A Amplification (No ICs in the signal path)
- No Electrolytic Capacitors in the signal path
- Greater Transparency with minimum signal path and minimum features
Order today and fall in love with your favorite microphone all over again.
1021 One Channel ZDT Preamp Specifications:
- Preamp Type: Solid State
Number of Channels: 1
Frequency Response: 2Hz to 100kHz ±0.1dB, 1Hz to 200kHz ±0.5dB
Impulse Response: 1.4s
Distortion: XLR out: less than 1ppm (0.0001%); 1/4" out: 0.001%
Input Noise: 1.6nVHz½ at 20dB gain; 0.6nV/Hz½ at 60dB gain
EIN: -132dBV at 20dB gain; -143dBV at 60dB gain
Slew Rate: 22V/s
Output DC Offset: ±1 mV typical, servo balanced
Power Requirement: 120V AC (100V and 200-240V versions available)
Input: 1 XLR Female balanced transformerless
Input Impedance: 10KÎ phantom on, 100KÎ phantom off
Outputs: 1 XLR Male balanced transformerless (stepped)
1 ¼" TRS XLR Fem. balanced transformerless (variable)
Dimensions: Half rack space 1.75" x 8.75" x 10.375"
Weight: 4 lb. (1.8kg)